Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apparently was the first to take delivery of a 2008 from the Eugene dealer (today)... I believe "SMJPG2007" has had hers for a couple days over on the coast... anyone else around?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yep, I've had mine since Tuesday~~~~ LOVIN' IT~~~~
I took a small trip down to Port Orford, comfortable ride down. I'm ready to head to Florence or Newport or some where.
You got pictures of yours yet.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
haha!!! I've only seen the Marine Blue, a lady who lived here in town had it and they moved the Medford. Then I thought I saw a Black one from Washington State passing through. Then mine. The dealership has a white one. Why they haven't gotten several in is beyond me. They only recieved 2-2007 one that was ordered and one that they had on the lot and this time 2 mine and the one on the lot.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PDX area dealers have a lot of the '07s, I think NW Jeep had something like 95 of them last week... so they will be out in force sometime soon... they were running some killer ad deals too..

As far as the '08s though, sounds like there are only about a half-dozen on dealer lots in the whole state...of course, it's hard to tell as Jeep hasn't put the inventories on their website yet...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That's a lot of jeeps on that lot. When I was searching there was some dealership up there near portland that had 15-20 Patriots, none had what I wanted. Even if I had found it I didn't want to drive 4 hours North to get it haha. I don't even know what is available South of here. Oh well they will show up and with the few of us driving them people are going to take noitce cause it's something different and they've never seen it. I had a guy just a checking it out the other day at Wal Mart. I've seen a few other's looking. So far everyone in my family really likes it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
No way.........
I got a crack out of this guy today. Went to Bandon to have lunch. A guy and his wife who had a brand new buick suv parks next to us. They walk by and they look and he goes And it's brand spanking new. I loved it. I don't know. I had some guy at the beach give it a weird look. I've seen other looking. I've been waiting for someone to come up and say something.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
saw a slate blue patriot 4x4 yesterday in eugene turning into a gas station, didn't see if it was an '07 or '08 though.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Cool!! Yeah I always know when that season is here. The one motel here in town is packed and the local river guides are actually seen. I'm excited about Hunting season........ Where do you go fishing down near this area at.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
coquille and millicoma primarily, although it's almost three hours away so i don't get to go as often as i like...

the 30mpg from the pat should help though :)

saw the slate blue pat again today, she has real plates already so i'm guessing it's an '07, the DMV is really slow getting them out..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I live in a small town along the Coquille River........M.P. I love it here well I was born and raised here but nothing like home. My inlaws have an 80 acre ranch along the river. I just got a notice over the weekend saying my plates are in. I called today saying I wouldn't be over there anytime soon to pick them up and asked if they could mail them. She said they would and she should have them out today. So tomorrow or Thursday I should have my plates. My insurance company the big branch is having issues, apparently my car hasn't been registered la la should be now that I have plates.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought my Patriot a few weeks ago after my 93 Jeep Cherokee finally had too many problems to be worth fixing. It ran fine but would not pass emissions so I took it down to the Jeep dealer to see how much I could get in trade. I looked at the new Wranglers but since I dont do any serious off roading and the Patriot had more room and got better mileage, it was a no brainer.

First impressions vs the old Cherokee is that it is the same size but handles much better. Haven't gone through a full tank yet but it has to get better mileage. Its also VERY quiet. Almost too quiet, I may actually get one of the high flow mufflers just so I can hear the engine lol. Much more stable for daily driving and I'm sure it will do fine in the occasional ice storms we get. Already did great in a downpour.

I don't think I will change much on it, it does everything I need it to do as is.:eek:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Oh I agree with it being too quiet haha. My hubby and I were at Wal Mart or Fred Meyers or some where and I knew I had turned it on. I go, is it running. Had to listen. He said he did the same thing when he drove it. It did good in the rain we had early last week ?? I think it was last week.

I saw my twin today, so two plus mine.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Well in one week I've seen two Patriots.
One just like mine on Wednesday.
Yesterday downtown Coos Bay, there sat a filthy black one in front of some resturants. Not sure if it's local or visiting, it was from Oregon.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
two more sighted in eugene this week, a silver and a dark blue.

if i had been in coos bay, that could have well been my filthy black one. the color is gorgeous when fresh out of the wash but it seems to get nasty dirty within approximately 27 minutes. somewhat wish i had gone with the 'old lady' look of khaki.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Mines due for a bath. This black one was worse than mine. I'm glad I'm starting to see them now. I love the khaki but my 03' olds was pretty close to the color and I wasn't having much luck. I opted to stay away from that color tone. Was at a yard sale on Thursday, these boys probably 19ish road up in a Nissan Titan. Went upstairs. The driver came out and goes "HEY! I like the Jeep!" I look up at him, smile and said "It's mine, Thanks!" Later my friend and I went and ate lunch. So I was parked along the highway, he was checkin' it out. I LOVE my Patriot more and more.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts