Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hours away from signing the papers for my Patriot and wanted to know peoples opinions and experience with the 2.0L 2x4 Auto CVT on the Patriot North 2009 model. a 2L engine seems pretty small, even a 2.4L. I know its good on gas but I plan on having this car for 6-8 years and don't want issues with the powertrain.

Apprecite your feedback.

Thanks

·
Level 3 Supporter
747 Posts
for a city street driveabout the 2.0L 4x2 fits
many on this site decided to go with 2.4L for resale value

·
Sept 2009 POTM
2,884 Posts
Spend the extra $200 or so to get the 2.4L.

That little bit of extra power will be appreciated the first time you're driving on a freeway uphill with 5 people with gear in the Jeep.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the thing....there is hardly any 2009 models left.....I can get a barebones sport with the 2.4 no tint, no power or anything....or a North Edition 2.0L...tint, power everything, better seats etc

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree ^^^If you can wait, wait for what you want don't limit yourself to eaither or options. Because you will sooner or later wish you had gotten the whole package rather that a loaded 2.0 or a striped 2.4. just IMO

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have seen that many people who have the 2.0L are very happy with them. The question is are you?

If you are having second thoughts perhaps it might be a good idea to ask the dealership to see if they can find a 2.4L 4x2 with the options you want. If you are happy with the 2.0L then go for it.

For the record I have a 2.4L 4x2 and I love it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just noticed that your from Vancouver I know there are a number of Patriots left here in Nova Scotia.

If you wish check out the following dealerships to see if there is one your dealership may be able to bring in.

Halifax Chrysler
Steele Chrysler www.steelechrysler.com
Dartmouth Dodge www.ddodge.com
Pothier Motors (This one is in Falmouth)

This is merely a suggestion, and I do realize that I am on the other side of Canada. :)

·
Level 3 Supporter
747 Posts
While the dealer might not source from Nova Scotia, they should do a search of lower mainland/vancouver island/okanagan or send your requirements to the half dozen dealers in vancouver and fraser valley.
The dealers brought in lots of 2.0L assuming they would sell based on fuel economy/price point. Are you getting a great deal today, can you drive your current wheels until the 2010 comes out, what do you intend to use Jeep for?
In your OP you talked about keeping it 6-8 years, don't settle for less than what you want then

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2010's arent coming in until mid Sept and they will have a slightly higher price point with no cashback rebate.....and your right, there are lots of 2.0L available with my specs but no 2.4L.

The only good thing about the 2.0L auto CVT is I get an additional $1000 off my PST as a government rebate.

And my current truck is in bad shape....so i need a car fairly soon

·
Registered
350 Posts
You could always come here to NS and purchase your new Pat then do some site seeing and do a Cross Canada trip home to breakin your new Patriot!!! :D

Ok, kidding aside as that would be cost prohibitive Good Luck and I hope that your purchase will bring you many years of enjoyment.

Some day I would like to see your neck of the woods. Ideally I would like to take a train trip but a road trip would be fun as well.

Have a great day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Klingoff- you should definitly make your way over here. Why not make the trip next year for the 2010 Olympics? Its going to be a blast!

Just another note, I decided to move ahead with my purchase tonight and am now the owner of a new 2009 Jeep Patriot North Edition 2.0L engine auto....I love it so far!

·
Level 3 Supporter
747 Posts
Let the modifications begin (see my sig for most of the cosmetic ones):smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.