Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have been invited to Show my 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege at The "HotWheels Legends Tour" when it comes to my area this summer.

For those of you who have not heard of it. This is a show where they travel to several cities, Picking a car from each city. Those cars then get to travel to Sema, where they will pick a winner to have their car be made into an actual HotWheels to car.

For anybody not following my other thread. I have put A TON of time and money into my Mazdaspeed Protege, making it as good as I can. However, there is one thing I cannot do myself, and that is a professional paint job and body work.

I will be putting my car in the show, I will be doing everything I can to get it ready. However, I have less than 4 months to get it ready to go up against cars where people have spent tens if not a hundred thousand dollars getting it ready, and simply cannot get the $$ together to get work done professionally. I have set up a go fund me, if anybody wants to help. If you do, shoot me a PM for the link. The money will ONLY be used for paint/body work.

Here is my invite to the show:

Here is a Picture of the car:

Here is a youtube playlist of some of the work I've done to it:

If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them. This is truly a once in a life time chance. I had to submit my car, providing pictures, and a description of it, it took a couple of weeks of waiting before I was approved. My wife h as always joked that my car is "Toy Car", and there is a chance it might actually become one!

I have talked with the moderators about this already, so no need to go to them.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,554 Posts
So is the gofundme in the youtube video description, or are you waiting for us to ask for it, or.....? "Asking for a friend."

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is the gofundme in the youtube video description, or are you waiting for us to ask for it, or.....? "Asking for a friend."
Shoot me a PM for the link.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We need a Patriot Hotwheel. Or matchbox.

Its the only vehicle Ive owned that I cant also own in 1:64 scale, haha. I need to complete the collection!
Modify one up, apply next year for the tour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts