Jeep Patriot Forums banner

581 - 589 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
@TheDGeneration , how did the lift install go? Any problems?
It was pretty simple, getting everything lined up in the rear after installing the spacer was a little rough. But I was on jack stands in the driveway. The fronts were easy because I have done work on another Patriot (and I had it up on a lift...), but this was the first time I've ever disassembled the rear.

Camber and toe were off a little of course, but after an alignment and a set 225/65 Falken Wildpeak AT Trails she's looking and driving great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here is "Patty" she has the RRO 2.5" body lift and has had no issues. I don't hit my head on the tailgate anymore. Now, I just need a 17" rim and tire pair. I was thinking of stock Rubicon rims and tires.
Be careful with tire size with the 17 inch rim. I just had installed a 2inch rough country lift and 245/65/17 tire. The lift and tire have streched the stock shock out so much that when going over certain bumps it bangs real hard.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It was pretty simple, getting everything lined up in the rear after installing the spacer was a little rough. But I was on jack stands in the driveway. The fronts were easy because I have done work on another Patriot (and I had it up on a lift...), but this was the first time I've ever disassembled the rear.

Camber and toe were off a little of course, but after an alignment and a set 225/65 Falken Wildpeak AT Trails she's looking and driving great. View attachment 91966

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here's mine 2inch rough country lift with 245/65/17 wild peaks, I love love the look. Had to do the pinch weld mod but it is extremely simple. One issue I'm having is the stock shock in the front is pretty much stretched to the limit, and going over certain bumps it bangs pretty hard

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Be careful with tire size with the 17 inch rim. I just had installed a 2inch rough country lift and 245/65/17 tire. The lift and tire have streched the stock shock out so much that when going over certain bumps it bangs real hard.
Also have real hard bangs on the front passenger side... Surely its not the lift kit as this doesn't "stretch" the shocks at all.. the travel remain the same.. I've put mine down to bad shock absorbers, not fully looked into it yet tho...

·
Registered
17 Posts
With the STU coils, it has been reported that the front struts may be extended to their limits, on occasion. Personally, I have had this happen going over drop-offs in a road or trail too fast (where the front end was momentarily airborne). Additionally, if I plow over a speed bump too fast, it can cause a violent rebound that fully extends the strut. It does sound like a hard bump when this occurs. Basically, any time this happens to me, it is because I am driving very aggressively. If you are experiencing problems under mundane conditions, then something is not right.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like just about what happens to me. It sucks because 80 percent of the time it's not there. But when I hit the wrong kind of bump I hate the noise sounds terrible. I'm gonna try and go down to the daystar 1 and 1/2 inch lift and see if that helps, maybe the half inch les will help the strut. It sucks though because it looks so good like it is know...

581 - 589 of 589 Posts