Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,467 Posts
I think that the best bang for your buck by a long shot would be to get a bluetooth ELM327 code reader and pair it with OBD JScan. That way you'll be able to read data from every system in your Jeep, test various sensors, get live data graphing, and even program features if you're so inclined.

Here's one of the 2 bluetooth code readers that I have:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny out of everything out there, that's what I ordered about 1 hour ago! Thanks for info on paring,this is all new to me.Kinda liking the challenge. And it does have it's issues.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,506 Posts
I recently bought an xtool a30m and can't say enough good things about it. It does bidirectional tests as well, incredibly useful for really testing components. It is a little pricey at $200 +/- off Amazon but it's already paid for itself fixing my patriot, our trailblazer and the wife's vue. You can activate cam solenoids, the runner controls and evap solenoids and watch tank pressure readings and more. A true pro-diy tool with free updates. I use it on an old galaxy a20 tablet with only 16gb of ram so i can't download all of the vehicle packs, but on my phone i can.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently bought an xtool a30m and can't say enough good things about it. It does bidirectional tests as well, incredibly useful for really testing components. It is a little pricey at $200 +/- off Amazon but it's already paid for itself fixing my patriot, our trailblazer and the wife's vue. You can activate cam solenoids, the runner controls and evap solenoids and watch tank pressure readings and more. A true pro-diy tool with free updates. I use it on an old galaxy a20 tablet with only 16gb of ram so i can't download all of the vehicle packs, but on my phone i can.
Cool, thanks for info going to try. A. ELM327 with ODB J Scan.
It's all new to meo_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts