Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,559 Posts
Need to have 50 posts within the next two weeks(more specifically by the 25th) for your submission to count though.

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Keep the submissions coming, keep in mind the guidelines for submissions! You must meet all the requirements to participate.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Oct POTM

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring here, The girlfriend and I went on a road trip last weekend and I took some pictures just for this purpose. Might as well enter since I took the pictures...

Image 1:

IMG_0011 copy.jpg

Image 2

IMG_0012.jpg

Image 3

IMG_0013 copy.jpg

·
Your Neighborhood 2WD Rep
981 Posts
great looking pats this month guys!

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,559 Posts
Is that....it is! IT'S THE GHOST OF BROHIO PAST!!!!!!!! Lol, too dramatic for ya? ;)

·
Your Neighborhood 2WD Rep
981 Posts
lol. I still stalk the forums haha

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,559 Posts
Yeah, thanks. Figured it'd be a good idea. And it's just the latest in the list of firsts my Jeep has gotten since I've had it. First to have a Midland 1001Z(Dec. 2011), first to have a Wolo 430 Dixie horn installed(March 2012), maybe or maybe not the first to have K&N CAI/Magnaflow catback installed(Sept. 2013), possibly first to take on the quarter mile back in Oct. 2010, maybe the first to get P225/60R17 Firestone Destination LE2's, and now the first to have hood louvers installed. Plenty of folks on here have been the first to do something to their Patriot, kinda cool to see it all happen.

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,105 Posts
Totally just bugging you Rosso................

I took my patriot to the 1/4 mile drag strip back in 2009............but I have a Compass now so we can't compare anything.;)

Other than the RRO prototype I don't think anyone else with a Compass has their winch mount bull bar ect.........

But I give mad props to anyone for trying something different, or to be the first modifying an MK in a way no one else has before.

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
Funny how everyone likes the louvers. I posted a thread on the exact same louvers from RRO a while ago and haven't received a one positive feedback so I scrapped the idea. Props to you Rosso for going forward with that mod.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,559 Posts
Yeah, they were saying how it isn't a performance vehicle, isn't needed, etc. Considering what I wanna do with mine in Nov. 2016, I figured it'd be prudent. Even if that doesn't go through, it should help make the engine last longer, letting the heat out like that. Trumpets seem to sound the same too, so that's a comfort. :D

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,105 Posts
Yeah, they were saying how it isn't a performance vehicle, isn't needed, etc. Considering what I wanna do with mine in Nov. 2016, I figured it'd be prudent. Even if that doesn't go through, it should help make the engine last longer, letting the heat out like that. Trumpets seem to sound the same too, so that's a comfort. :D
I like the idea of hood louvers, to let the engine heat escape..........did you post in a separate thread the install? I might have to do something similar.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,559 Posts
I didn't post pics of the install actually being done, as I had the local body shop do it. Cost me $270 for that, and the body shop guy actually brought the Jeep to my home when he was done. Custom shop 90 miles away(the kind that'll drop a Hemi into a JK) wanted $450 to install 'em. Not sure of how long it would have took them or anything like that, but the local body shop took maybe 4-5 hrs to do it. Wasn't about to try cutting holes in the hood myself.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts