Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll start things off by introducing my 'Riot. A 2013 latitude 4x4 FDI w/2.4L

Bought it back in January and have done a few things to it. I just gotta say that this forum has helped me a ton with research and not wasting my time trying to find (what I'm now finding out is a very limited aftermarket) upgrades. So a huge thanks for that. I also very recently (2 days ago) got the new Rough Country N3 2" lift and a set of 245/65/17 BFG KO2s installed. Needless to say I'm happy! So cheers! And I look forward to all the adventures and stories from all of you, and to add more of my own

And finally here she is

first 2 are post lift, and the last is about 2 weeks after I got it

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,242 Posts
Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello can't wait untill I put my AT Tires on mine as well as a lift I have heard bad reviews about the rough country lifts but I want to lift mine in the future.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello can't wait untill I put my AT Tires on mine as well as a lift I have heard bad reviews about the rough country lifts but I want to lift mine in the future.
Well I can't speak for others, and I've only had my lift on for 2 days now. But so far all is kosher. It's been great! I'm about to go find some mud today and put it through its paces.
Can't go too long today but I plan on hitting some trails tomorrow as well

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,629 Posts
From the way those wheels are chewed up, I'd say you've definitely been putting it through its paces.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From the way those wheels are chewed up, I'd say you've definitely been putting it through its paces.
The fam(fiancé and 2 crazy kids) and I went to the river. The trail to get there got very fun! I'm just glad that the majority of what I went through was soft. I was putting the new lift through its paces....found the limits of how fast I can go lol. I wouldn't ever take it over 30mph over rutted trails ever again. Does great at slower speeds though. With the tires, its very point and shoot. So I was able to make multiple passes with different lines each time and it just took it. I'll need to get a transmission cooler added asap though. No alarms or anything. But I could smell that it was warm. Slowed way down after that. But all in all it did great!

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,629 Posts
CVT then, heh? Definitely need an auxiliary cooler for that, and a fluid change ASAP. Drain and fill only, no flush. Amsoil is the best for it, with Valvoline a decent second. There's a CVT pan with a plug available aftermarket too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CVT then, heh? Definitely need an auxiliary cooler for that, and a fluid change ASAP. Drain and fill only, no flush. Amsoil is the best for it, with Valvoline a decent second. There's a CVT pan with a plug available aftermarket too.
Thanks for the tip! It's on my to do list for this weekend. I'm also installing new horns....I recently found out how horrific my horn is currently......sounds like a clown should be driving it. So lots of front end stuff going on. I'm excited

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,629 Posts
Haha, Wolo 430 on mine though it hasn't worked in probably 4 years. Wanting a train horn, but, other priorities for now.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,629 Posts
Stunning is right, that'll blind anybody that has to look at it on the road, lol. Take it from a trucker.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, they are LEDs. Don't remember off hand what brand they are or what bus unit I installed but they're bright for sure. I also have the brake lights upgraded to LEDs since I have the smoked taillights. I also installed the clear center brake unit as well

·
Registered
86 Posts
So I'll start things off by introducing my 'Riot. A 2013 latitude 4x4 FDI w/2.4L

Bought it back in January and have done a few things to it. I just gotta say that this forum has helped me a ton with research and not wasting my time trying to find (what I'm now finding out is a very limited aftermarket) upgrades. So a huge thanks for that. I also very recently (2 days ago) got the new Rough Country N3 2" lift and a set of 245/65/17 BFG KO2s installed. Needless to say I'm happy! So cheers! And I look forward to all the adventures and stories from all of you, and to add more of my own

And finally here she is

View attachment 93992 View attachment 93993 View attachment 93994 first 2 are post lift, and the last is about 2 weeks after I got it
Do I spy some aftermarket shocks and springs?
Good looking Jeep 😎

Reactions: Hoxstma

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do I spy some aftermarket shocks and springs?
Good looking Jeep 😎
That you do my friend! I got Rough countries new 2 inch lift kit that included their upgraded N3 struts which replaces the spacers that they use with the basic kit. So far it's held up to everything I've put it through. And thank you thank you! She's a work in progress. Going to install a Thule roof rack today. I'll post pic after

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,242 Posts
I LIKE those wheels! How much did those run ya?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts