Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wandering how many patriot owners are in NC. I really haven't seen any out on the road. I am close to Charlotte and Hickory. Just trying to find so local patriot owners.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in NC also. Greenville/Raleigh area... kinda scary that we all have Steel Blues! I had to drive to VA to get mine!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not in NC, but Columbia, SC

Hey guys, just got back from a weekend of driving up there.

Wow, if you get on the Blue Ridge and go to the Craggy Rock Picnic area, there are unpaved trail-like roads that go for 13 miles and another one HWY 197 I think it was, that are not paved, very fun, another road was NC HWY 2137, then went up by Boone and Blowing Rock and I was just loosing my mind on all the trials, would just fly off every little road. Would run acroos people camping and other bunches of drunks and mountain people like DELIVERANCE. :)

BUT YOU BETTER HAVE GPS or you could be lost for days and starve to death and die! :)

Here is more info: From Burnsville go east on US 19E for .5 mile and turn right at the gas station onto NC 197. Stay on the road through Pensacola and Cane River Gap to Barnardsville (stay on NC 197 for about 25 miles) The road is paved changes to gravel and is paved once again. Turn left at the intersection of NC 197 and NC 2173 (Dillingham Rd) and follow this road, which becomes gravel. It becomes Forest Road 74. Follow this gravel road for 8.8 miles to the end of the road. The trailhead is straight ahead.

I will have to look up more info on these FOREST ROAD numbers, they were very nice scenic drives.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oak Ridge, NC near Greensboro

Just took ours kayaking in Asheville last weekend, white to beat the heat...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Raleigh, NC and I have a Jeep Patroit

I live in Raleigh, NC and I have a 2007 Jeep Patriot 4X4 with the five speed manual. I am new here and I would love to talk to some other Pat owners in NC. I would love to take a trip out to the beach with someone with more off roading experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Greensboro, NC as well!

I live in Greensboro, just off of Wendover Ave. I've seen a few around, but haven't run across run across Chris669 yet. I'm originally from the NC foothills near the Cumberland Knob area of the parkway.

2007 Patriot 4x2, Inferno Red, Package 25D
Additions: black reflective Patriot rear bumper lettering
(just getting started)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I live in RTP area and I see Patriot once a while. May be it's because of less than cooperative dealers in this area. I bought my in Roanoke, Va!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in the Huntersville area of Charlotte. I drive a silver Patriot Ltd. I have seen 2 other Patriots in my area.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in the RTP too, right on the Durham / Wake County line, and I don't see too many Patriots out and about either.

After I bought my silver '08 Patriot, a woman that works in my building bought an '07 Patriot to match it ... can you say, "trendsetter?" Just kidding ....

With the gas mileage I'm getting compared to the price, I can't see why more people aren't getting into the Patriot instead of rolling in Nissan Rogues or a Hyundai or any of those things.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just bought my 2007 patriot and loving it!! This is my 3rd day :) I live in Monroe, NC and I have not seen any patriots around at all. My mother in law is looking to buy her one now lolol:D:pepper:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Poppajoe, I wonder if you know of others' experience with the manual Pat on a beach. I had two Cheerokes, drove them on logging roads in Canada and on beaches of Atlantic Coast (Outer Banks - Cape Hatteras, Ocracoke Island). That was years ago, now I am considering Pat for beach and snow driving (live in Canada). Love standard shift. Would 4wd with 5 speed manual do on a beach in soft sand? I was surprised seeing Ford Escape managing quite well, while a Hummer got stuck right at the entry ramp. Hope Pat is at least as good in sand as Escape.
Cheers,
George

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have 4x4, 5M and had a great time on the beach, check link below. All you have to do is switch off all that automatic TC stuff and lock 4x4, and let tire pressure low, I used 15PSI only. I do not about snow, but winter is coming. I have just stock tires on, nothing special.
http://picasaweb.google.com/bohemius.sr/Jeep#

·
Registered
264 Posts
Eastern NC location

Just bought a 2008 Patriot and live near Wilmington toward Carolina Beach. We go to North End of Carolina Beach on the sand and occassionally to the South end.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey NC Jeep Owners!!!
My Hubby and I are headed your way in less than five weeks. We're military (USAF) and coming to EC from Germany after having lived here for three fast and beautiful years.
If there are any meetups in the future, I'd LOVE to know...Thank you in advance!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts