Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the Patriot out in the middle of a nor-easter, I've been waiting to give her a real test in the snow for a while and I am proud to say that she did brilliantly, she handled everything with a shocking amount of ease - between her lightweight, 4wd lock & the ESP really unstoppable and a ton of fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
The east coast is supposed to get dumped on. Got about another inch here today, not bad. I hope to see a lot more photos of Patriots in the snow.

I bet the folks in the south that got 4x4's are having a ball.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We're waiting up here in Canada for that Nor-Easter to get here. But I doubt that it will really dump a foot of snow. The weather forecasters have been way off with their past few forecasts.

I too am anxious to try out my North Edition Pat in the deep snow. Hopefully it will do better than the minivans I used to drive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes - tomorrow should be a lot of fun, its supposed to snow till mid-day with around a foot of total accumulation, hopefully no work which means more time to play with the Pat, I guarantee it will be better than a minivan.

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
We got over a foot in Virginia Beach today...and it just started snowing again:) I'm gonna add a few pics to the snow thread, but they're all in my parking lot. I wasn't driving anywhere with these crazy ass people around here. I'm not sure how my 4x2 is gonna handle this mess tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
A couple more inches here, but I think too far west to get much more. High winds though, blowing snow, damn cold getting hit in the face with it. About 15 F outside now, but feels a lot colder with the wind.

·
Registered
457 Posts
not quite a blizzard but still news worthy

my patriot continues to shine in 4wheel drive.

Atlanta had it's first snowfall on December 25th (measureable snow that is) since 1882 (128 years). I got about 3" of the heavy wet stuff at my house. I think the official reading at the airport was 1.5". there were some areas in the higher elevations that received 7" or more of snow.

friday night into saturday morning was just rain, then some sleet mixed in then a few flakes then all snow. then freezing and wind.

Early in the day saturday, alot of the snow was melting as soon as it hit the ground. after the sun went down it started to accumulate on the roadways.

In true southern tradition, the majority of it on the roadways melted today as the sun peaked out and the winds were heavy at times but the temp was still below freezing. There are a few icy spots out still.

back to the 40s by tuesday and back into the 60s by saturday.. so the long term forcast says.

- Dan M

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Yea, we're somewhere around the 6"-8" (tough to measure as it's a fine snow and blows around quite a bit) mark here in Philly. I had to take a trip out earlier with about 4"-5" on my road. With my tires worn down, I slid around a little more but never got stuck. Of course it could also just be a much more slippery snow then last years too. The main roads were worse where they salted but didn't plow. Seems there's now a little ice under neath. Heading to bed now, but can't wait to see where it ends up! Go little Patriot GO!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stock tires. Patriot ended up getting stuck only once the following day after my first post - but it took two feet of snow to stop her, two quick shovels in-front of the tires & flick of the ESP to partial off solved that problem and again this was with the stock firestone street tires. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts