Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum driving a 2008 Jeep Patriot. I am about to start working on it for the first time and need to jack up the rear. I am wondering if you guys could look at the picture I posted and help me properly jack up my car. I am not sure where to place the jack stands and where to jack from.

The manual says, "There are two front jacking locations and two rear jacking locations on each side of the body. The front locations are outlined by two triangular cutouts, the rear ones by two rectangular cutouts. For vehicles equipped with plastic trim, the plastic has been cut away to expose the jacking locations in the body."

I have trim and the spot they are talking about looks like the pinch weld. Do I jack the car at the pinch weld and then place the jack stand next to it also on the pinch weld? Or do I jack it at the pinch weld and put the jack stand at the location circled in red in my picture? The reason I circled that area is because in another post about jacking a Patriot someone posted a diagram showing that part as a jacking point.

Also is it ok to jack up one tire, place the jack stand, then go to the other side and jack it up and place the other stand or do I need to jack the entire rear from the middle and place the jack stands under together at the same time? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,874 Posts

·
7,587 Posts
Welcome! I hope you are successful in whatever work you are doing on your Patriot. See ya around the threads.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,532 Posts
The pinch weld spots where it's kinda cut out are the official jacking points, and where I usually put jackstands, but a solid piece of the frame/unibody or even the rear differential are acceptable places to have the jack lift from, if you really want to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts