Jeep Patriot Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a similar problem, but I'm pretty sure I know a cause for my situation. I have a 2009 Patriot with a sunroof. I have grown to hate the sunroof, because all it leads to is a dome light full of rainwater which eventually leaks out onto the radio.

Saturday night we got about 3 inches of rain in 2 hours. I don't even think properly cleared sunroof drain lines could have kept up with it, but nonetheless, I had basically a steady stream of water pouring into the cabin. As a result, here are my issues:

The display on the radio is blank. It will sometimes display initially when the car turns on, but then gives out. All of the controls on the radio (well, those I've tested) still work.

The display where the compass direction is normally shown just shows "--" (As I write this, I realize I didn't bother to check if I press that button if I can still get the tire pressure, etc)

Neither of the MFS work. No signals, no wipers, no headlights, no high beams. Cruise seems unaffected.

I checked several fuses, and they all checked out well.

From the rest of the thread, I'm guessing it's worth trying to:

1) Disconnect the (-) battery terminal, reconnect, and see if that resets the computer circuit, failing that
2) Replace the LH MFS and see if the problem was in the SCCM which would affect both MFS

Anything else I should be looking at?
I have the same exact problem with my 2016 Jeep Compass. The windshield had a leak and there was a downpour that soaked the inside of the dash, seats and drivers side floor. How did you fix the problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same exact problem with my 2016 Jeep Compass. The windshield had a leak and there was a downpour that soaked the inside of the dash, seats and drivers side floor. How did you fix the problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
well, just had the pleasure today of observing all the same crap:
-wipers don't work
-blinkers don't work
-headlights always on
-nothing on the steering column works, left or right side control arms

2007 patriot, 44000 miles, just not acceptable.....at all - first vehicle in my life that i've experienced these issues in any car. all i know is it better not rain tomorrow.

5/22/2012 - fixed at dealer, left multifunction switch.... diagnostics,part,labor, $270
well, just had the pleasure today of observing all the same crap:
-wipers don't work
-blinkers don't work
-headlights always on
-nothing on the steering column works, left or right side control arms

2007 patriot, 44000 miles, just not acceptable.....at all - first vehicle in my life that i've experienced these issues in any car. all i know is it better not rain tomorrow.

5/22/2012 - fixed at dealer, left multifunction switch.... diagnostics,part,labor, $270
im having the same problems like everything was working fine until I got in car to leave headlights stayed on wipers don’t work and blinkers don’t work. I can’t even switch the headlights it’s just on low beam. I don’t know what to do

·
Administrator
5,970 Posts
im having the same problems like everything was working fine until I got in car to leave headlights stayed on wipers don’t work and blinkers don’t work. I can’t even switch the headlights it’s just on low beam. I don’t know what to do
I don't know if you are familiar with troubleshooting mechanical and electronic equipment, but if not you may want to take it to a reputable shop.

Are there any dash indicators lit. like the check engine light? Any error codes?

A simple thing you can try is disconnecting the battery cables, waiting 10 minutes for the system to reset, then reconnect the cables and see if anything changes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if you are familiar with troubleshooting mechanical and electronic equipment, but if not you may want to take it to a reputable shop.

Are there any dash indicators lit. like the check engine light? Any error codes?

A simple thing you can try is disconnecting the battery cables, waiting 10 minutes for the system to reset, then reconnect the cables and see if anything changes.
All dash lights are normally you start the Jeep they all come on but like normal the go off no lights on dash board when driving

41 - 45 of 45 Posts