Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 patriot and in the last few days I had two issues arise, one seems to be an easy fix, the other is unknown. My ABS light came on, so I know I need to replace the sensor. The second issue is that every morning for the first trip of the day after reaching about 50km/hr there is no response from the gas pedal for about 30 seconds. It doesn't loose power and everything else is responsive, but I can put the gas pedal to the floor with no response from the engine. After about 30 seconds or so it responds normally and drives normally through the rest of the day. I've had it examined and it's not registered any fault codes, other than the ABS sensor. The mechanic didn't know what could be causing the issue.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? I am not a mechanic and can't do the repairs but would be nice to have an idea when I take it in to the shop.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot, North Ed.
311 Posts
You can use live data on a scan tool to see if the switch is actually sending a signal during that time. If it is than you know that it isn't likely the switch but something with the engine management.

Test the switch to see if it does its job first. If not, than wiggle test the harness while testing the switch. If it's still causes an issue than it's likely the switch.

Then move come.back afterward.

Reactions: RonD

·
Registered
178 Posts
It maybe just a wheel speed sensor and it is trying to go into limp mode. That would also fix the ABS problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts