Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized I dont have heated side mirrors. I have a 2007 Sport.

Anyone know if its possible to add? Is this how the 2007 was built?

Thanks

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Headed /Electric folding mirrors are standard fit on UK Sport Pats.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, but at least the 08+ have lights above the back seat! lol.. the 07 didnt. I need to use a flashlight sometimes for the backseat at night if i need to get something! LOL

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't think you can add heated mirrors easily. I looked into it before and there is no wiring inside the door for it. you would have to get a kit with the harness and I believe you might have to get a new HVAC control unit because it works with the rear defroster switch. But if any one knows different please let me know because im interested too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Assuming the heated mirrors bolt on okay, it might just boil down to snaking a pair of wires inside to a switch...maybe in that blank spot beside the hazard flashers... Of course, it would probably want to be on a timer. Maybe it would be better to splice a relay into the rear defrost wire... anybody know where it is near the front of the vehicle? Would we be so lucky to have it in the fuse panel?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I was just looking through the manual and fuse #25 is for heated mirrors. If I'm feeling ambitious later I'll check to see if it's post-switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts