Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have trouble with my patriot -07. There is no connection with OBD and I dont know if there is any connetion with the other fault but here it is. The three buttons ESP off, hazard lights and light adjust dosent work at all.
Im pulling my hair. I can't find any faultsource at all. Please help

Regards Micke

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
Hi Micke,

Check fuse #33 (10A), it supplies power to both the OBD data link connector and the switch panel. It may be blown, is loose, or has corrosion on the pins causing a bad connection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
That was the first I checked. I have changed the fuse and even cleaned the conectinons in the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
Check pin 16 of the data link connector for power. If there's no power try to trace it back to pin 9 of C7 on the tipm.

C7 tipm

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi again
There were no luck finding the fault. There is power from the tipm and all the way in the enginecompartment. But none in the ODB. Does anyone knows if there is any connection on the powercable under the daschboard somewere? Or can I just mount a new cable from the tipm to the ODB?
Regards Micke

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
Problem solved. I mounted a new cable from the battery to the obd contact. And now the obd contact works just fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No the switch panel still dosen't work. Acually I think that the fault with that one is in the panel. I have contacted an mechanic whom will help me to check that. I will update again when he has checkt it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you want to check a switch and have a scan tool with live data for all systems, just pull up the live data for that switch, press the switch and see if the state changes. If you have someone that has a scan tool with bidirectional control you can activate the switch with the computer. If that works than it's the switch, if not than it's the device.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi
Yes that's what I is what the mechanic will help me with. Hopefully that will work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts