Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Total newbies to everything here!

Just purchased my second car which is a black jeep patriot 2.0 CRD Limited 2008 plate, and I absolutely love it. However it's had a few lumps and bumps. Basically this thread is for ANY advice/hints or tips in any aspect as I'm clueless lol.
First things first, I am going to get the stock alloys refurbished and resprayed, I'm thinking all black, suggestions welcome? I want to debadge the back (4x4 & limited) leaving the "jeep" lettering front and back. Put my private registration on once the paperwork comes through, and would like to change the bulbs to maybe a LED white, any ideas what would look nice, and what size of bulb would I be looking at for here? Also want to change all other exterior lights, but have no idea of what size, or what's even legal? I will be taking my jeep down to the local exhaust shop and get them to fit a new exhaust tip and the original exhaust is rusted. On my pat I have chrome wing mirrors which I want changed to either matt black/gloss black or carbon fibre vinyl wrapped, which I was thinking of doing with the fuel cap, side skirts and boot protector bit?
For the interior, I really have no idea. The armrest plastic on all the doors have scratches so I don't know if I can maybe sand them down and get them vinyl wrapped or not. I was wanting to do the whole interior black & red carbon fibre, but may need to pay someone to do it as I have no idea how. At one point I'm going to want to upgrade the sound system, DVD stereo, door speakers and a sub amp, but i don't know the sizes or what fits where. It would be cool if I could get a kind of hidden amp in the patriot so I could still get all the space in back. I also wanted to change the interior lights to LEDs or even red in some parts.
Over time I may even get the jeep remapped, but don't see the rush for that just now.
As I say I really am a newbie too all of this, so any help at all would be very much appreciated and sorry in advance for being such a noob lol. Any ideas for my first SIMPLE mod would be great, thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
WELCOME !

I'm an ex-Scot and a CRD owner :pepper:

no - i am a Scot, but not living in Scotland any more. i am also an aussie......god i'm really lost....

I'm sorry - can't help at all with any of your mods....but WELCOME (might have said that already)

Some questions....

Where is Scotland are you?
Are you voting yes or no?
Has the timing belt been changed already?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts