Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have a 2015 Jeep Patriot 2wd with 70,000 miles. Have owned it almost a year. Forgive Me if I am using the wrong acronyms. Drove home from work and car would not accelerate. Red lightning bolt (ETC) came on every time I would try to accelerate as well as the Traction control light (ESP?). Had to slog up a hill at Midnight, but luckily got Home. From browsing these great forums, car is in Limp Mode. And with the ETC, ESP, and the Check engine light on, seems like ti points to a bad throttle body? Though have read could be PCM, bad wire, something with ABS sensor, O2 sensor, even a bad battery! I should add that I hooked up my cheapo scanner and did not get any codes at first. I tried disconnecting my Neg. terminal for a few minutes hoping things might clear. After this I also tried "resetting" my throttle by doing the On-Off-Slow pedal down and up. Car actually ran rougher. Hooked up my scanner again and got the codes U1407 & U1424 codes, which don't really help Me that much. So right now, still in Limp Mode, and the dreaded Red Lightning bolt will only come on when I try to accelerate. Have seen people having this issue for years, and was hoping that there might be new info and/or tips. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! What fixed my problem was to have a new Throttle body put in, took care of all the CEL's. Thought it might help with my gas mileage but nope. Although, have seen people recommending putting in OEM Throttle body, I just bought one on Amazon for around $65 and had a local shop put it in for Me. It wouldn't be a difficult task swapping out a Throttle body, but at least on my 2015 Patriot it is stuck kinda far down in front of the engine, bit of a pain. I would have tried myself, but had an injury to one hand, and it was freezing out, so to the shop it went. Cost about $200 or so for Labor...problem solved. Hopefully won't be another for a bit. Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts