Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my very 1st Jeep most kids dream of having a fancy exotic sports car as their 1st dream car my 1st dream car was a Jeep Wrangler now I've gotten a Jeep Patriot I absolutely love it however there are a couple of things I want to do to it and I know nothing to little about the Jeep life it's a 2010 Jeep Patriot sport I believe kind of wanna put in some powerlocks power windows lift it maybe 3" and put some all terrain tires on it Does anybody have any recommendations for doing this I also want to put in a lightbar curved 50" on top of the windshield/roof anybody has suggestions for this as well

·
Administrator
6,857 Posts
Welcome!

Lots of info on lifts and tires here.

2" lift is about the max and even then you may have problems with drive-line vibration, handling , and alignment issues especially on older vehicles with worn drive-line parts.
Every lift kit on the market has had if share of complaints, some more than others. Based on that, I don't recommend a lift unless you really need the extra clearance and don't mind dealing with those issues.

Try a slightly larger tire and go from there. :)

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
8,966 Posts
Welcome! And a friendly warning if you have the CVT. Fluid and filters (there are 2) should be changed at least every 50,000 miles. If yours hasn't been done or you don't know, get around to it ASAP. The transmission you save could be your own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!

Lots of info on lifts and tires here.

2" lift is about the max and even then you may have problems with drive-line vibration, handling , and alignment issues especially on older vehicles with worn drive-line parts.
Every lift kit on the market has had if share of complaints, some more than others. Based on that, I don't recommend a lift unless you really need the extra clearance and don't mind dealing with those issues.

Try a slightly larger tire and go from there. :)
So probably don't lift. We do alot of camping one thing we were going to do is drive I to the grandcanyon next year some time I. The spring. I was thinking about lifting it, I don't want a random rock hitting the the oil pan or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! And a friendly warning if you have the CVT. Fluid and filters (there are 2) should be changed at least every 50,000 miles. If yours hasn't been done or you don't know, get around to it ASAP. The transmission you save could be your own.
Great advice I'm not sure if it has been done. I bought it aboit a week ago with 86000mi on it

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
8,966 Posts
Great advice I'm not sure if it has been done. I bought it aboit a week ago with 86000mi on it
My guess is that most owners wait until the recommended interval in the owners manual and IMO that is too late. I expect you'll be OK, but make tranny service a priority.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts