Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2017 North edition. I’m looking to put it on a more aggressive stance, does anyone have recommendations for offset wheels/tires that don’t break the bank and don’t require the weld correction?

Thanks!

· Administrator
8,760 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Not sure if this is along the lines of what you're looking for, but I have 235-75-15's on Wrangler Ravine rims that I bought off Craigs list for $125 for a set. Didn't need the pinch weld mod.

Automotive parking light Sky Tire Wheel Car

You can also try looking through the show case pics and see if you come across something

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m surprised they clear the calipers, everything I’ve read up on said 15’s were a hair shy of making it work. Is it just this wrangler wheel that works or are 15’s clearing stock calipers in general?

· Administrator
8,760 Posts
Not all 15"s will fit, but there are a few others besides the Ravine:

One thing that makes a big difference is whether or not the "spoke" curves out away from the caliper.

· Unsponsored Baja racer
4,949 Posts
I have 215/65/17 Cooper AT3's on mine, gives a bit more aggressive look and much better traction without needing new wheels or a speedometer/odometer retune.

· Administrator
8,760 Posts
What about the axle hubs? Wrangler hubs are significantly larger than Patriot hubs.
As long as the bolt pattern is the same (lug centric vs hub centric) it will work. The TJ Wrangler rims have the same pattern as the Patriot, but the JK's are different and need an adapter.

The rim doesn't really use the hub rim for support, it's the clamping action of the lug nuts that holds the rim in place.

Of course you can always get adapter rings if you want, but I never felt I needed them. No shaking or vibration issues, etc.

· Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
9,388 Posts
As long as the bolt pattern is the same (lug centric vs hub centric) it will work. The TJ Wrangler rims have the same pattern as the Patriot, but the JK's are different and need an adapter.

The rim doesn't really use the hub rim for support, it's the clamping action of the lug nuts that holds the rim in place.

Of course you can always get adapter rings if you want, but I never felt I needed them. No shaking or vibration issues, etc.
I was afraid it would be too much stress on the lugs alone and wasn't going to invest is spacers. My real desire was to run my Patriot wheels on my old Wrangler with 16" rims but AYK the hubs were too big on the Wrangler.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Not sure if this is along the lines of what you're looking for, but I have 235-75-15's on Wrangler Ravine rims that I bought off Craigs list for $125 for a set. Didn't need the pinch weld mod.

View attachment 97734

You can also try looking through the show case pics and see if you come across something
I forgot to ask, did you have to put on a lift at all to make this work? I found replicas at Walmart that look like they'll be a cheap and new way to make this work, just covering all my bases before I hop in the deep end.

· Administrator
8,760 Posts
I forgot to ask, did you have to put on a lift at all to make this work? I found replicas at Walmart that look like they'll be a cheap and new way to make this work, just covering all my bases before I hop in the deep end.

No, I had the Ravines and the tires before the Stu coils were installed.

The Walmart rims look to have the same specs as the factory Ravines.

One thing I will mention is that if you have factory struts the rims should clear (at least they did for me) but when I changed the struts to Monroe I had to trim the top outer edge of the mount where it bolts to the knuckle so they would clear. It wasn't hard to do, but something I thought you should be aware of.

Factory strut on the left, Monroe on the right.

Wood Metal Auto part Composite material Door

1 - 16 of 16 Posts