Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in October I traded in my 2016 Challenger for a 2016 Patriot High Altitude 4x4. I wanted something that could handle Chicago winters and trips to the hardware store better than a Challenger could. I could not be happier. I was a little nervous after the first snow when I slid through two intersections but a new set of tires fixed that issue.

I am however having an issue when I accelerate away from a stop or getting on the freeway my rpms stay at 3000 but the Patriot doesn't seem to accelerate. I have to pull over, put it in park, and then it's fine again. Maybe I am trying to accelerate too fast. It's happened twice now and I really didn't expect issues from a vehicle with on 23k miles on it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome Midriot, Do you have a CVT transmission or the 6 spd auto? Maybe your just accustom to your challenger but the Patriot has about 1/2 the HP (or less). If you have the CVT then that's kind of how they operate. My Pat has the CVT and when i'm getting on the freeway my RPM's jump to 3k and stay there until i get up to speed and let off the gas.

Try to reset your driving computer it will then relearn your driving habits and you might notice better acceleration. There are a couple ways of doing this but i normally disconnect the battery for 20-30 minutes. I recommend resting your computer every year or whenever your doing maintenance like spark plugs, air filter or a transmission fluid change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try to reset your driving computer it will then relearn your driving habits and you might notice better acceleration. There are a couple ways of doing this but i normally disconnect the battery for 20-30 minutes. I recommend resting your computer every year or whenever your doing maintenance like spark plugs, air filter or a transmission fluid change.
Funny you mentioned that. I was reading up on the reset on this forum which led to me signing up. I plan on doing that when I change the plugs in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Back in October I traded in my 2016 Challenger for a 2016 Patriot High Altitude 4x4. I wanted something that could handle Chicago winters and trips to the hardware store better than a Challenger could. I could not be happier. I was a little nervous after the first snow when I slid through two intersections but a new set of tires fixed that issue.

I am however having an issue when I accelerate away from a stop or getting on the freeway my rpms stay at 3000 but the Patriot doesn't seem to accelerate. I have to pull over, put it in park, and then it's fine again. Maybe I am trying to accelerate too fast. It's happened twice now and I really didn't expect issues from a vehicle with on 23k miles on it.
Hi mindriot,
Welcome to the Jeep family! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your Patriot. While I can see that you are reaching out to your fellow forum members, please know that in the future we are always happy to assist you for questions or dealership services via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi mindriot,
Welcome to the Jeep family! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your Patriot. While I can see that you are reaching out to your fellow forum members, please know that in the future we are always happy to assist you for questions or dealership services via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Thank you very much I will keep that in mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts