Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Just paid to have my rear subframe replaced. Now car drives like a boat. Feels like driving on ice, front wheels all over the place.

Taking it back next week but any ideas on why? Has anyone here replaced a subframe?

What would make the pat drive like it's a boat, or floating on ice? or aquaplaning? Hard to describe.

All I can think of is loose shocks? Loose components ? flexing subframe? It's had 4 wheel alignment when the subframe was fitted.

Help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had my struts replaced all the way around recently... and on dry roads it’s fine... but in snow and slush I feel the same way. Like I’m just slip sliding away. They also did a wheel alignment. I just assumed the road must be icy... ? it handled slush a lot better before... but my struts were on their last thread. I know I’m not much help but maybe someone else has some insight?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my struts replaced all the way around recently... and on dry roads it’s fine... but in snow and slush I feel the same way. Like I’m just slip sliding away. They also did a wheel alignment. I just assumed the road must be icy... ? it handled slush a lot better before... but my struts were on their last thread. I know I’m not much help but maybe someone else has some insight?
Take it for an examination and road test at your motoring organisation ie: RAC AA. They will 100% support you. PS: Join one first..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Whatever it is park it for now! Something not screwed together right, hell have the shop dispatch a tow at their expense to pick up your Pat and return it to the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts