Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Purchased a set of 235/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 tires from discounttiredirect.com. I had them installed today on my factory 5 spoke wheels, I have no rub or issues with the larger size. I even compaired the speedo to my gps driving down the road, and it seems to not have changed it at all. 40 mph on my gauge was 40 on my gps exactly. I gained approx .5" in height overall, but it feels like a completely differant vehicle then before. Its a much smoother ride, handles really well, and the tires are much quieter then the General Evertrek's I had on prior. They seem like a really nice tire in the snow, they look much better then the typical "car" tire that was on it before. Ill go take some pictures and post them when I figure out how. Thanks for all the info gathered and posted on tire sizes and what works and doesn't. Maybe ill try those DC2 rims and cooper tires the next time around!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those are exactly what I have on, but full lock I get some rubbing on the inner wheel well. Let me know if you have the same thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I just got back from a ride, and although I properly tested and didn't heat the rub right after I got the tires put on, I do hear it now. Sounds like its just rubber on plastic, i'm thinking I need to find somewhere dry to park it so I can have a look. My slush filled driveway just won't do.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Yeah I just got back from a ride, and although I properly tested and didn't heat the rub right after I got the tires put on, I do hear it now. Sounds like its just rubber on plastic, i'm thinking I need to find somewhere dry to park it so I can have a look. My slush filled driveway just won't do.
was surprised when you initially said no rubbing
i have same size on my 07 FDII and get some rubbing at full turn,
not a major issue for me, even with city parking where full turn of the wheel is common, i just back off a bit when i hear it rub.
even with the rubbing would get same size again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no problem with the rub, it will be my wife that Im certain will wonder what that noise is, panic and think she has done something to the jeep. I will fix it so there is no rub, if its just the plastic wheel well liner that can probably be heated and stretched. As for height clearance, between the tire/spring guard, would i dare go any taller or does it look like im pretty much maxed before hitting the guard? there is only about .5-.75" left there, not sure those 225/75/16's(29.5")i talked about in my other post will clear the guard on the spring? How much clearance should i keep minimum between the rubber and the plasic shock guard?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
how are they doing in the snow?

·
Why so serious?
1,716 Posts
Those look really good. When the time comes for me, I'm definitely going this route instead of the car tires that come on these things OEM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@goguadi They are amazing, ive been putting it through anything i can find, fluffy, wet, slush, you name it, we get it all. I was extremely amazing two days ago I took the family for a drive, and decided to take an unplowed road, with approx 8 inches of wet snow(Untracked yet) with a serious incline. I put it in fulltime AWD, turned off traction control, and shift to first gear(Auto stick does have its advantages) and climbed to the top with no slipping at all. I was nervous cause coming down posed a differant threat, ABS brakes vs the two stone pillars are the bottom of this road. I crept down the hill slower then i went up, and again, no slipping, I didn't even kick on the ABS brakes. My own driveway has had enough snow in it at times to drag the entire underside of the vehicle in the snow, and yet it digs in and gets through it with these tires. Tread life is yet to be determined, but so far, id recommend them to anyone looking for an alternative to the seriously weird tire size jeep chose for the patriot. If i had the choice to do it all over again, id buy these same tires. I drove 3 hours today in a blizzard and not once did i feel the tires NOT doing me justice. I will try to remember to take some pictures of how steep this hill was that i drove up to give you some sort of idea Just how well these tires performed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, they really have been impressive so far, they are even a bit more aggresive in person then they look in pictures, really beefs up the look of the patriot. Rubbing seriously doesn't bother me, its so minimal. I might still get the spacers simply because they will make it look that much better with the wider stance.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Just FYI, in your 2nd picture, you see the tab sticking out there, You will need to modify that if you are going to get spacers, as spacers will make your tire rub there. So keep that in mind. I plan on modifying mine sometime in the next month after my schedule changes and I have a bit more time.

·
Premium Member
2012 Jeep Patriot
279 Posts
Just FYI, in your 2nd picture, you see the tab sticking out there, You will need to modify that if you are going to get spacers, as spacers will make your tire rub there.
I disagree. I have the same size All Terrain tire as O.P. with 1.25" spacers (which is the size I recommend for a flush look and alleviated all rubbing) and*there is no rub on the tab. I believe 245 is the cusp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts