Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old one was causing overheating and was screwed. 540$

I ve had lots of repairs in 2020 and 2021 I didn't post about maybe 2000$ but its worth it for me then buying another

Ex-girlfriend broke up with me this week (same girl I was in relationship for 3 years , I was crying about on here, this time it isnt as bad it seems) she used to tell me to buy another one but I didnt give in

Back in May on vacation it broke down and got it fixed out of stater

anyways Patriot seems okay and hope to get another couple years

Ive looked at Compass, and thinking a sport as this is more lower cost. Still pricing is like 23 k for one i was looking at like a 2018 with 40 k miles

Was researching second generation patriots 2019-2021 but they some were made in 2016 I read? Like the 2012 patriot thats the first year or 2011 where some of the old kinkds were beiong worked out, and second generation I read some of old compass kinks, or issues people were bringing up, were worked out

currently not in budget or not what I wanna spend =-P but 2022 compass interior supposed to be some of the best out there, there going for like 45-50 k

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
8,966 Posts
Ex-girlfriend broke up with me this week (same girl I was in relationship for 3 years , I was crying about on here, this time it isnt as bad it seems) she used to tell me to buy another one but I didnt give in
I broke up with a 2-year girlfriend in college. Met my new GF a week later. Last night was the 45th anniversary of our first date. We're still together since 1976. You'll find another, and I hope you have as good luck as I did.

Ive looked at Compass, and thinking a sport as this is more lower cost. Still pricing is like 23 k for one i was looking at like a 2018 with 40 k miles

Was researching second generation patriots 2019-2021 but they some were made in 2016 I read? Like the 2012 patriot thats the first year or 2011 where some of the old kinkds were beiong worked out, and second generation I read some of old compass kinks, or issues people were bringing up, were worked out

currently not in budget or not what I wanna spend =-P but 2022 compass interior supposed to be some of the best out there, there going for like 45-50 k
I also own a 2nd gen Compass. The first year or two had an oil consumption problem. After a lot of outrage on the Compass site, it seems Jeep came up with a software solution that solved the problem. So-o-o you may find one that some owner got discouraged with and dumped early -- a lot of owners did. The software update was a freebie so if you get a new Compass, keep an eye on the dipstick. If the oil is disappearing, see a dealer and ask about the update.

Aside from that my Compass is doing fine. The 9-spd a/t is a bit of a nuisance, even a headwind can make it downshift, but mine is at 68,000 and so far no problems.

In all honest I like my Patriot better, but Wifey is usually driving it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Bro, b*tches are a dime a dozen. If you don’t have kids with her or any joint anything, F her. Block her number and delete it, so you won’t be tempted to get in touch with her and she can’t weasel her way back into your life. Same thing on your social media’s.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I broke up with a 2-year girlfriend in college. Met my new GF a week later. Last night was the 45th anniversary of our first date. We're still together since 1976. You'll find another, and I hope you have as good luck as I did.

I also own a 2nd gen Compass. The first year or two had an oil consumption problem. After a lot of outrage on the Compass site, it seems Jeep came up with a software solution that solved the problem. So-o-o you may find one that some owner got discouraged with and dumped early -- a lot of owners did. The software update was a freebie so if you get a new Compass, keep an eye on the dipstick. If the oil is disappearing, see a dealer and ask about the update.

Aside from that my Compass is doing fine. The 9-spd a/t is a bit of a nuisance, even a headwind can make it downshift, but mine is at 68,000 and so far no problems.

In all honest I like my Patriot better, but Wifey is usually driving it.
I know you told me that story last time she broke up with me. This is the same girl. We got back together since then and went at it another 1.5 years, previously was 2 years, 8 months. Thank you

I like my patriot still and really missed it when I had to wait for an appointment t get it fixed, drove a car. I'm a papa John's delivery driver

ok, sounds good . what year is your compass?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bro, b*tches are a dime a dozen. If you don’t have kids with her or any joint anything, F her. Block her number and delete it, so you won’t be tempted to get in touch with her and she can’t weasel her way back into your life. Same thing on your social media’s.
No kids, or joint anything with her. Her ultimate ultimatum was attempt to have kids with her in 2-3 years or were done.. i said if it happens fine but im not committing to that right now. Back in 2016 her ultimatum was get married or no more sex . I think she may have self esteem issues, because shes 5ft5 and 177 lbs , medium to bigger boned, some muscles, half african american and half mexican, but not fat, shes been 150 lbs when we used to go out. I understand we all have low points at times , but she kept bringing up how i was disgusted by her , and i wasnt, if I was i wouldnt have beern with her. I dont have to be with a bikini, figure or wellness competitor to be in a relationship, but sorry to say I thiunk she may suffer from chonic low self esteem thoughts. She seemed sweet and nice , she lived 45 mins away

she broke up with me through text, after seeing one another at least once a week, usually a couple, few days each week, out of nowheere she said its very hard for me to do this but come and get your stuff. I tried video calling her while we were texting and she declined the video call, which wed video chatted plenty times, which was weird to me

. We had littler arguments in person together but nothing that I saw wasn't unnormal. In fact it was much better than last ex before with, who I broke up with her. Anyways, I called her a coward for not talking face to face with me . Next thing she said bring my key back and she put my stuff outside in a box and bags. She seemed sweet and last week told me how she sees me as her future mate the rest of our lives, and how she wants to have cats a dogs , etc... O well.....sorry top see her go but last time she broke up with me i was depressed for months, like wouldnt cry for a month then start crying and all. This time I cried twice, esp thuresday when I saw my things inside the bag that was in her house, and i told her she could have kept them as they were for her to have a better life. I helped her a lot with exercise, nutrition, sleep like she worked during nights and blackedout her room for her, as sleeping in dark is so important for health. It does not seem emotionally as bad as last time ., I find myself smiling when i come near pretty girls thinkin of ways I can talk to them

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
8,966 Posts
Oh, and my Compass is a 2019.

I've still got our 2014 Patriot. We thought about trading it a year ago but they wouldn't show much for it. Frankly I love it and it's got a hitch. It just may last me out.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and my Compass is a 2019.

I've still got our 2014 Patriot. We thought about trading it a year ago but they wouldn't show much for it. Frankly I love it and it's got a hitch. It just may last me out.
Yup, because of car shortage ive gotten many letters from this one dealership wanting to buy patriot. Couple months ago they would give like 4,500 $ for it . As a delivery driver put maybe 500 miles a week on it. Patriot has about 150,000 miles and has had 2,700 $ work done in past two years. guessing

Im full of hope it last for you, I know its a good vehicle and plenty have lasted to 200,000 -300,00 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts