Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My first Jeep and so far very happy.
I bought my 2008 crd very cheap with some problems.
Needed new disc and pads all round, cam belt, full service, front drop links, rear differential bushes and lastly new rear sub frame and arms.
All in all a bit of work but now have a very solid Jeep.
I do a lot of landscape photography and wanted something to use with 4x4 and I don't have to care about it getting scratched or knocked.
My latest update is an Android 10.2 inch touch screen head unit.
I bought this from china and so far installation has been ok.
Just need to fit reversing camera and mic for Bluetooth.
The sat nav part works great.
One problem I do have is no sound at all, but I think that may be the Blue/white amp switch on lead, not had time to look.
Great site, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,268 Posts
Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

My first Jeep and so far very happy.
I bought my 2008 crd very cheap with some problems.
Needed new disc and pads all round, cam belt, full service, front drop links, rear differential bushes and lastly new rear sub frame and arms.
All in all a bit of work but now have a very solid Jeep.
I do a lot of landscape photography and wanted something to use with 4x4 and I don't have to care about it getting scratched or knocked.
My latest update is an Android 10.2 inch touch screen head unit.
I bought this from china and so far installation has been ok.
Just need to fit reversing camera and mic for Bluetooth.
The sat nav part works great.
One problem I do have is no sound at all, but I think that may be the Blue/white amp switch on lead, not had time to look.
Great site, keep up the good work.
Hey, welcome! I looked at these and I was tempted myself. Good to hear someone took the plunge and it's working ok. However I noticed on the ad for these head units that it states is does not work with the standard Boston or Infinity amp. I've attached a link to one I was looking at on ebay. Check the small print at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, welcome! I looked at these and I was tempted myself. Good to hear someone took the plunge and it's working ok. However I noticed on the ad for these head units that it states is does not work with the standard Boston or Infinity amp. I've attached a link to one I was looking at on ebay. Check the small print at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps!

[/URL]
This is what I purchased and it should work with the amp.

·
Registered
Jeep Patriot North 2.4L, 4x2, 5 spd manual transmission . .
111 Posts
Welcome @Calgone

I bought my 2008 Patriot North in 2018 with 220K km (130K miles?) on it. Now going through a repair cycle up front. I paid very little for it. Kind of having fun with mine (I think.) Nice drive. (Eastern Canada)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome @Calgone

I bought my 2008 Patriot North in 2018 with 220K km (130K miles?) on it. Now going through a repair cycle up front. I paid very little for it. Kind of having fun with mine (I think.) Nice drive. (Eastern Canada)
Yes I must agree that the drive is really comfortable. I reckon all in all the Jeep has cost me £2500 but I have a sorted and fully serviced jeep. This now my every day drive, so far so good, keeps the miles off my Mercedes C63 as well.

·
Registered
Jeep Patriot North 2.4L, 4x2, 5 spd manual transmission . .
111 Posts
Yes I must agree that the drive is really comfortable. I reckon all in all the Jeep has cost me £2500 but I have a sorted and fully serviced jeep. This now my every day drive, so far so good, keeps the miles off my Mercedes C63 as well.
Hey @Calgone!

With my repairs that's probably what my Pat has come to now. A bit less. I just checked the Kelly Blue Book for mine and it's config. I think I did ok. Repairs were to be expected, looking at what I paid and what my repair costs have been so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 93766 This is what I purchased and it should work with the amp.
In the end I had trouble with the head unit working with the existing amp. Only had sound coming out of the small A pillar speakers. So I bought a new Kenwood amp and installed that. I run Sygic as my Nav app which works great and added an external mic up on the drivers A pillar for the Bluetooth phone connection. The only issues I have had and if anyone else is thinking of buying one of these is;

You have very limited fitting instructions and some of the wire outputs are not labelled.
The colour of the wires don't match the pictures on the instructions - not helpful.
Wiring the reversing camera in was fun as the reverse trigger lead was not labelled or the colour they said.

I bought a second hand centre fascia and removed the air vent from that so I could if needed replace the old fascia and radio back.
Would I do this again? .... Yes.
It works well with the canbus system, I have a large screen for the satnav and the Android versatility makes it so easy to use.
The unit looks like it was factory fitted.
The Jeep is my daily driver now and it gets used and treated as such, so far I am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
View attachment 93766 This is what I purchased and it should work with the amp.
I was looking to buy ine if these but could only find them on Dodgy Chinese websites that i didn't trust... Do you have a link to the site you bought from?
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The unit i bought came from China.
I purchased it through Aliexpress and the company was Ekiy Autoradio Store.
The Android unit itself is a T900 8 core 6G 128GB.
I decided to take the plunge at £226 including delivery. As I said instructions are non existing but feed back from them is good. I did not use the reversing camera that came with it but purchased one that fits in the tailgate light. This was a pain to run the leads through the rubber sleave between the tailgate and bodywork but worth it in the end. Some pics below to show GPS aerial and microphone positions.
20210428_062643.jpg
20210428_062646.jpg
20210428_062652.jpg

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,652 Posts
Fortunately I don't need to worry about those problems, as I like the proper Jeep life and keep it simple as the badge implies, haha. Glad you're content with what you got though. These things last quite awhile if you take care of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts