Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I just purchased a 2009 Jeep Patriot with 56,000 miles. Really excited about it and now I'm looking into purchasing an extended warranty. I realize it will likely have to go through the inspection for the extended warranty through Jeep but that's not a problem. Wanted to see what everyone's thoughts are on:

-Jeep Max Care- Local dealership quoted me $1770 for just ONE year. Does this seem a little crazy?
-Used car dealership is offering GWC (Guardian Warranty Company) 36 month, 36,000 miles for $1300
-AAA Warranty? Has anyone purchased this? Or is it available in Pennsylvania?
-CarChex or similar.

I'm open to questions, comments and suggestions. Really just want to protect my investment in the long run.

Thanks!

·
I don't reMember
1,133 Posts
I looked at warrantys after I purchased my used 2008 Patriot. I haven't purchased one yet. I looked at Chrysler Warrantys (www.chryslerwarrantys.com) and could get coverage for 7 years or up to 100,000 miles for $2,877.00. I have heard horror stories about some warranty companies (can't remember any names), so beware...

·
Seriously Addicted
4,074 Posts
The $1770 for one year doesn't seem right to me. I paid around that over a year for my 10yr 100,000 mile warranty.

The extended warranty is full of commission for the sales reps. So you can haggle with them quite a bit. They wanted something crazy for my warranty, I talked him down to around 1800. Try calling Chrysler Service Contracts and see what they can offer you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts