Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just traded our '09 2.0 Sport for a 2011 2.4 Latitude and all I can say is what a difference!

It's like a whole different vehicle, greatly improved performance, better finish, much better ride. The media/nav center is the icing on the cake.

And "No" it's not an off-roader. It will be used by my 28 year old Daughter who's a 3rd Grade Teacher and needs solid, reliable transportation through good and bad weather.

It competes very nicely against Honda, Toyota, GM and Ford's Mini-Utes.

The 215/60-17's probably help the ride quality a lot, but the suspension feels more solid and the ride seems much more restrained and controlled.

Acceleration/Performance is greatly improved as well by the addition of the extra horsepower.

Finding one in-stock was another story and some local S. Fla. dealers are out of all Patriots and hoping for more inventory.

Our '09 will probably sell very quickly as a trade in and provided us with very good service.

But there's little comparison between them and considering the 2011's will be the last of the U-S Builds for this name/platform, I think they may be good sellers for the rest of the build.

If there are any Jeep workers on this Board, Keep up the great work.
If there's any Chrysler Bosses here, please keep building the Jeep Brand with American Workers!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Congratulations! Nice ride. The other day I went to the dealership and immediately noted the seats are comfier than in prev models.
I will ask for a test drive to feel the suspension...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's an admittedly dumb question:

When we open the doors, the inside lights don't go on.
When we open the rear hatch, that lights gos on fine.
Is there a setting we need to change or does something need to be fixed?

·
Super Moderator
8,510 Posts
It will be used by my 28 year old Daughter who's a 3rd Grade Teacher and needs solid, reliable transportation through good and bad weather.
Around here they cancel school if its even partly cloudy! :icon_rolleyes:

Just as well. That way the kids can borrow their parents' cars and go skiing . . . or to the mall. ;)

·
Registered
540 Posts

Strange behaviour...Typically when dome lights don't go on is because the dimmer (steering wheel - left lever) is at its lowest position.
None of the lights will go on if so. Dunno why the cargo light goes on but the other do not...Check out the manual.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Thats interesting. I have a 2011 Patriot Latitude as well. My lights do come on when I open the doors. I remember on page 38 in the book there are a bunch of programmable features. Have a look there and see if there is a setting or something you need to do. Maybe a fuse. You have a warranty. Push come to shove go have Jeep figure it out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That is an awesome picture you posted of your Patriot. What kind of camera did you use?
I agree that is a great pic.

Tell me, do the front, rear & side body cladding (new for 2011) match the black paint? In your pic it looks like it matches perfectly, but on the website, the cladding looks more gray.

Thanks and enjoy your new Jeep!

·
Registered
621 Posts
^ don't trust the photos on the Jeep website for color, omg. They suck @ photoshop. That hasn't changed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree that is a great pic.

Tell me, do the front, rear & side body cladding (new for 2011) match the black paint? In your pic it looks like it matches perfectly, but on the website, the cladding looks more gray.

Thanks and enjoy your new Jeep!
I have a black 2011. the cladding pretty much matches the paint.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Patty-Latty Pix

"What kind of camera?"

I wish I could tell you it's my new Nikon D7000 with the hyper sharp 60 MM macro lens with bounce lights, diffusers and a special colored backlight gel shot as an original, non-compressed image.

I used my old IPhone 3GS and plain-old IPhoto to post-process the image slightly.

Sometimes you get lucky.

And my Youngest Jeep Chick does indeed enjoy her new, upgraded ride!

·
Registered
429 Posts
congrats, looks awesome!!!! enjoy your jeep!!!

I drove a 2011 in november, I like the new steering wheel!!!

I feel exactly like my 1 year old Patriot LOL... I really like the new look!!

nice suv in black, I love it!!!!!! congrats again!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Very nice...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts