Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got my first Jeep--a black on black 2012 Patriot Altitude! I'm looking to make some modifications over the next few months, so I may have some questions. Mods I'm looking into at the moment include performance exhaust, air intake, brighter/whiter headlight bulbs, window tint, and a Bluetooth enabled DVD deck. I already have some great 4x50 W Infinity door speakers I'm going to install, but I definitely need a better amp/receiver. I'll keep you all posted!

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
Tint is my favourite. It makes the car! I run a pioneer 2400BT double din, and its nice I just don't use many of the features, you will need a new bezel though if you have the half moon radio though.. if you want "whiter and brighter" lights, 4300K hids will be your best bet. Any HID will be much brighter, but 4300K is the "pure white" 5K start to look blue.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Autoguide. Please excuse my spelling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also looking into the Philips Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs instead of HID. From what I've read on here the consensus seems to be that:

1) HIDs in the reflective housing are just obnoxiously too bright for oncoming traffic
2) have some electrical issues

As for a new HU I currently have the media center 130 which is double din...would I still need the bezel? Also, is it fairly easy to connect the steering wheel controls if you have the harness/parts for it? Any idea if the mic from my UConnect will work with an aftermarket HU? I've been looking at the Pioneer and JVC models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts