Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a New Jeep to our family making us a three member Jeep family.
We picked up yesterday, its a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition in Rescue Green. The Mountain Edition adds Mineral Gray accents to front and rear bumpers, a Mineral Gray Grill, flat black vinyl decal to hood, Mineral Gray Moab 17" Wheels with 255/75R17 (32") BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM Tires. Also has the three piece Freedom Hard top. Black Fuel Filler door and Black Tail lamp Guards. Comes with these cool slush mats inside that mimic the tires.

When we got to the dealer they told us the they threw in a spare tire cover at no charge. I thought cool a nice one that says Jeep on it. When we got outside it was a crappy on that had the dealers name, number and website plastered all over it. So when we got down the road to a restaurant to eat it came off. To our surprise the small center cap that says Jeep on it was missing from the spare. We called the dealership and they told us the spare was stolen off the back so the cap hadn't come in yet. Were they going to just send it to us and inform us of were it went? I doubt it. So far have put on 200 miles on and love it so far, gets lots of looks!

We took the front two pieces off today, which fit into a bag and can be strapped into the rear cargo area of the Jeep. Kids loved riding around that way. We were glad we had the tops with us as it started raining this afternoon. We jumped out and within about a minute they were back on. These are really easy to take off and put back on. Kids got mad that we put the tops back on. Also great to have the rain to check for leaks. What do you know there were none!

This also came with the 7 speaker Infinity Sound System with subwoofer which I was against getting because we just don't need it. But when I got to drive it by myself running to town a couple times today, was able to crank it up and it sounded great! So now I really like it.

·
Annoying Member
742 Posts
Congrats! looks great, nice to see Wranglers getting rugged looking again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Whooooooa, that looks bad!!! Congrats!!!!

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Cool ride, :smiley_thumbs_up: Hope to see you on the trails up there in the future. I know that the Jamboree has already planned Mole Lake for next year in July. They have some great trails on the reservation.

That's the color I would have picked too.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.

Yesterday, at the Jeep Rock and Road show in INDY, we drove a 2011 Rubicon. Sweet!!! There is something unnatural about not using brakes coming down a 40 degree grade, but that is what you can do with the Rubicon. The Jeep staffer said it was a different system than the Hill Desent System that is in the Liberty.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sad to say that it sold yesterday and is now gone....

Never thought I would grow that attached to this vehicle, plus never thought I would see my wife grow that attached to any vehicle. She told the girl that bought it to take care of it because it is a great car and she loves it. We should still be able to see it driving around yet with the population of the town being 2100.

So I guess we were a three Jeep family but we have lost a member.

I plan on checking in from time to time, probably more often though, just hard to leave the jeeppatriot.com family. I have to know whats going on with everyone else and how much other people either love or dislike their Patriot.

So long for now.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Keep posting here. I really am curious as to how well you continue to like the Wrangler. I've been looking at them too.

How's the mileage? How does the space compare to the Pat, can you haul as much stuff in the back?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far after one tank of gas we got 18.4 mpg this was checked by hand and by the EVIC. There is definitely a noticeable difference in cargo room. Jeep.com Wrangler Unlimited 87 cu.ft. and Patriot 63 cu.ft. Not a real big difference.

My wife works at home as a day care provider so the gas mileage wasn't a real big factor for us, as when she worked out of the home when we bought the Patriot, she was driving 70 miles a day. We needed something that had more cargo room and could tow our UTV (1400 lbs). We go camping so I pull the camper and she will pull the UTV. Rather than either not going at all or camping close enough for me to make two trips which sucks. Oh by the way also had to be a Jeep.

We love the three piece Freedom Top and so do our kids. We bought a soft top and hope to get it soon so we can still use it this summer.

Will definitely keep posting here and keep you updated on the Wrangler.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats on the new Wrangler. And I always thought you had one of the nicer looking Patriots.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the new Wrangler. And I always thought you had one of the nicer looking Patriots.

Hey thanks alot, we were sad to see it go. Maybe some day down the road we will have an other. I would definitely buy an other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the little add-ons and the wheels. The only thing that seems like an after-thought is the mountain decal on the side of the hood. Have you thought about taking it off or just leaving it on?

·
Registered
68 Posts
U got the best jeep ever made..in my opinion..wish i could have been able to afford the exact same one in sheboygan,wi

1 - 20 of 21 Posts