Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here and first time posting.
The other day I went to turn on my radio in my 2017 patriot and learned that the radio doesn't work. I constantly and only typically use the Sirius in my jeep so I am not sure how long the radio has been not working for. The Sirius works fine along with everything else but when I flip to AM/FM there is no sound or signal from it at all... not even static. Has anyone had this issue before? Can anyone advise before I take it to a dealer and spend more money than I might need.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Patriot, 75th anniversay.
14 Posts
I had the same problem in my Challenger, which must have been the same brand radio (Chrysler etc...). It came back on sometimes but only momentarily. The only suspects I ever found it could be was either an antenna issue, which I guess could easily be tested, or a tuner issue...I never tried either, I got rid of it, but check those out.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 75th Anniversary Edition
51 Posts
You should hear something on AM even without an antenna. Do this.. Set the radio to either AM or FM (FM might be a better parameter) then set the radio to scan. If the radio just continues to scan and never stop on a station check your antenna connection, or there is a problem in the receiver section. If it stops and you see the stereo indictor ligh tup but no sound then the problem is in the audio section.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had tgat problem intermittently
Chrysler replaced under warranty. Is yours still available?
It's probably a bad solder joint. Look at this thread.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
New guy here and first time posting.
The other day I went to turn on my radio in my 2017 patriot and learned that the radio doesn't work. I constantly and only typically use the Sirius in my jeep so I am not sure how long the radio has been not working for. The Sirius works fine along with everything else but when I flip to AM/FM there is no sound or signal from it at all... not even static. Has anyone had this issue before? Can anyone advise before I take it to a dealer and spend more money than I might need.
Thanks!
Sorry for our delayed response here, Phil. Are you still experiencing concerns here? If so, we recommend visiting the dealer for assistance. We are in private message if you have any questions.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts