Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Latitude, 4WD, 2.4L, 6 speed transmission

Ever since I replaced my front struts in fall of 2021, I notice my end links touch the lower control arm when the suspension is unloaded. This doesn't seem normal to me. I can't be the only one. For those with stock struts, what is the measurement from the center of the lower mounting point to the center of the sway bar mounting point? I reached out to KYB and they say 182mm with no issues reported. Bilstein on the other hand said 181mm. I would really appreciate some feedback.

Thank you.

Front left More Information for KYB SR4508
Front right More Information for KYB SR4507
Stablizer bar end link More Information for MOOG K750385
Front Left control arm More Information for MOOG RK620066
Front Right control arm More Information for MOOG RK620065

Toy Event Gun barrel Aircraft Rectangle

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a closer look and its actually the sway bar that touches the control arm. It rest on it enough to where when i was replacing my cv axle, i had to detach the links to get the ball joint up in the knuckle.
I actually had my stock struts laying around. I measures about 7.125 inches on it and the KYB was about the same. Assuming this a problem and the struts are correct, the problem lies in the link or control arm? I can't imagine I'm the only one noticed this. I cross referenced the parts many times with many vendors to the mopar part numbers.

Wood Hand tool Automotive tire Metalworking hand tool Gas

Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Motor vehicle

· Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,470 Posts
I think this would only be an issue if you planned on jumping the thing often to allow full travel.

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think this would only be an issue if you planned on jumping the thing often to allow full travel.
Haha that certainly wouldn't be intentional. Is it normal though? I honestly don't remember having to undo my links to change out my control arm the first time I replaced it.

· Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,535 Posts
Is it that close on both sides? When I was replacing my sway bar bushings and links I noticed that they end link touched on the 2nd side that I was doing. I went and checked the other side and it wasn't. Turned out that the sway bar wasn't centered left to right. Had to loosen the bushings up and wiggle the sway bar into the center.

· Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,535 Posts
After loosening the bushing brackets I installed the end links, then wiggled the sway bar into place, then tightened up the brackets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts