Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Patriot gauges come on by themselves even stays running with key out. Took into shop they replaced battery terminal only has 112,000. Has no BCM according to dealership. Could it be a shifter assembly? WCM? Ignition switch?

·
7,898 Posts
First off, welcome!

Hmm, BCM? I don't recognize that. Also need clarity on what stays running. The engine or just the gauges? I'm guessing the gauges so I'll share my story. My ignition was staying powered up even with the engine off. It took a frustrating month before my dealer found a bad spot in the wiring harness down below the battery. That was keeping it from shutting down and also giving me some screwy idiot lights on the dash. I had a lot more miles than you (200,000) but I got a new engine harness and got another 75,000 miles out of my 2008.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Trucker B77, did they diagnose/troubleshoot the charging system at all? A bad battery (i.e., internal short) can trigger erratic dash lights.

BCM stands for body control module. Not sure about WCM.

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
From the manual:

"The Sentry Key REmote Entry Module (SKREEM) is sometimes referred to as the Wireless Control Module (WCM)."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, welcome!

Hmm, BCM? I don't recognize that. Also need clarity on what stays running. The engine or just the gauges? I'm guessing the gauges so I'll share my story. My ignition was staying powered up even with the engine off. It took a frustrating month before my dealer found a bad spot in the wiring harness down below the battery. That was keeping it from shutting down and also giving me some screwy idiot lights on the dash. I had a lot more miles than you (200,000) but I got a new engine harness and got another 75,000 miles out of my 2008.
Trucker B77, did they diagnose/troubleshoot the charging system at all? A bad battery (i.e., internal short) can trigger erratic dash lights.

BCM stands for body control module. Not sure about WCM.
[/QWas told there was no BCM did battery check and test replaced the positive post still doing it. Spent over $500 for diagnostic time

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
2014 Patriot gauges come on by themselves even stays running with key out. Took into shop they replaced battery terminal only has 112,000. Has no BCM according to dealership. Could it be a shifter assembly? WCM? Ignition switch?
Could be the switch, could be the WCM/SKREEM, could be the TIPM, could be a grounding or wiring problem.

Ground G200 is on the left side of the instrument panel G250 is under the right kick panel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts