Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've installed the pac audio component ipac-chy on my rar head unit... i've read threads and people have been sucessfull in doing the exact same thing... problem is when i plug my ipod into it it charges changes songs and everything but doesnt play the music! it comes up as dvd on my head unit but ves on my dashboard... i even tried plugging it into the available rca jacks and i've tried it on both input channels! does anyone have an idea wat might be wrong? please! im stressing out big time over it :(

p.s. if an aussie can help me it'd be even better cause i hear our units are different...

·
Fossilized Member
1,792 Posts
I am not sure if I will be much help for two reasons: a) I have the REC radio with the MOPAR iPod kist and b) I am Canadian. Anyway...

The behaviour of my install is that the kit uses the Sat tab as the home for the iPod. This means I have to cycle to the iPod. When I press the Mode button, it always expects the iPod to be connected. If it is not connected and i want to listen to the satellite radio, I have to cycle through the two tabs CD and Sat. For example, to play satellite radio the sequence is Mode Sat->CD-Sat.

Once I do get to the iPod, the system ALWAYS updates the channels. This means a couple of things. It means it finds all the navigation methods for playing music on the iPod (playlists, albums, songs, artists). Then once it has those "channels" programmed, you have to select, say, playlists. Now the unit is updating channels AGAIN to populate a list of channels that represent all the playlists. Once it has done that, you can select a playlist. THEN, the kit updates channels YET AGAIN to populate the channels with the FIRST 100 songs in the playlist.

Does your unit expect you to perform the same antics? I CANNOT play a song until I can navigate to that song which can take about 30 - 40 seconds from the initial button push. In other words, perhaps your unit will play music once it settles down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts