Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine also makes a loud bang going over big bumps. Only started doing it after installing new shocks and the stu coil lift.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mine also makes a loud bang going over big bumps. Only started doing it after installing new shocks and the stu coil lift.
It sucks doesn't it!! Lol. The sound it makes is bad. At least now I know that it just isn't mine. Wish I would have knew about this little nuisance before I installed the 2inch kit..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The shocks on these patriots in my opinion can't take a 2inch lift ( if you want it to always ride like stock). Wish they made a longer one for us.

·
Registered
2015 Patriot 2.4L 4WD High Altitude w/ 6-speed auto
5 Posts
Same boat. 2" RC lift and it hits hard over some bumps not all. I got use to it honestly but it does freak you out when it happens. Concern always is that without that extra travel 'space' on the strut. could it be causing more damage then good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Exactly, I bought the 1and 1/2 inch daystar kit and had my installer just swap out the front 2in spacers for the 1and 1/2 inch spacer and leave all the stuff from the RC lift in the back. looks pretty much exactly the same and the noise over certain bumps is completely gone. And I feel better about not hurting something else. Totally worth the extra couple of bucks for piece of mind.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts