Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed a 2in rough country lift, I absolutely love the look. One thing i was not expecting seeing as i have not read it anywhere, is that this lift stresses the front shocks to there limit, and going over certain bumps (which i try my best to avoid) it makes a pretty bad noise and pretty much rattles the whole jeep seeing as there's no shock left to absorb the bump. Any one else have this with this lift? it is a pretty bad noise. any suggestions on how to fix it? maybe a different shock? I'm thinking maybe i should have went with the daystar 1 and 1/2 inch lift. if only i had found out about this issue before getting the 2in lift.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I cant imagine that is normal. However you now have me sweating bullets lol. I just purchased the 2" Rough Country lift myself, but have not installed it yet. Keep us posted if you figure out what could be the cause.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That doesn't sound normal, mine handles bumps just fine.
It doesn't happen over must bumps just certain ones. It's extremely hard to try and describe which bumps do it, I think its when the shock goes down and the body of the truck goes up. and being that the shock is pretty much stretched to the max theres no way for that shock to absorb it. if you can picture that. Did you go with a bigger tire?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I cant imagine that is normal. However you now have me sweating bullets lol. I just purchased the 2" Rough Country lift myself, but have not installed it yet. Keep us posted if you figure out what could be the cause.
The cause is that the 2inch spacer they installed has expanded the shock to almost its fullest, there's almost no absorption when the truck goes up over a bump its the recoil I guess you could call it when the truck comes back up

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually just ordered the 1and 1/2 inch spacer kit from daystar. Gonna try and swap it with the 2 inch kit and see if the 1/2 makes a difference. Silly question but how can you tell if your patriot is FD1 or FD2 ? I have read the FD2 is already an inch higher then the FD1

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you have FD2, you have a CVT, and you'll have an "L" and "Off-Road" below D on the gear shift bezel. You'll also have front and rear tow hooks, metal skid plates under the engine and gas tank, and a height adjustable drivers seat... among other small things. But I'm pretty sure that FD1 and FD2 were at the same height on 2011 - 2017 models.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Humm I also have this hard bang over certain bumps! Mine is lifted 2" I'm putting mine down to failing shock absorbers... But haven't looked into it yet! Let me know how you get on with the issue. My wheels n tyres are 235-70-16.
20200416_001706.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts