Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
5,035 Posts
If you really liked it, buyback and have a very well reviewed shop restore it. If it's not worth that to you, a 2001-2005 Impala gets 15%ish better mpg, and has a bit more power. Can still find one in good condition if you look, and they won't have all the electronic gizmos that a brand new car would have.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
5,035 Posts
A FWD with worthwhile winter tires is worth more than AWD or 4x4 with useless tires when snow comes. But of course it's your call on what you buy. If, as the case seems to be, the Patriot would be a backup vehicle anyway for tougher situations where even a FWD with winter tires might struggle a bit, maybe the buyback and rebuilt option would work for you as you wouldn't need it to get to work during the time it would be in the shop, and during that time maybe you can afford to get some tires like Cooper AT3's that would ensure the AWD/4x4 hybrid system would be properly useful in the winter. I don't know if you had all seasons, winter tires, or all-terrains of some sort on it or not already, but I know AT3's in 215/65R17 were $700-$750ish for 5 of them with a basic steelie for the spare all installed and everything at a Discount Tire about 2 years ago. That's probably gone up since, and I'd imagine it would need new tires after the recent incident.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
5,035 Posts
I understood the used vehicle market to be going up, not down, due to the chip shortage driving so many to the used market. Less so or maybe the other way for gas guzzlers of course, but still. $$$$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts