Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the forum. I purchased this 2014 patriot back in october of 21 with 38k miles. Last Saturday I hit a deer on the interstate. The hood flew up and dented the roof and smashed the windshield. Air bags deployed. It appears that the drivers front frame horn may have a slight kink to it. The transmission will not come out of park regardless of shifter location. The jeep was in great condition with zero rust. Which is hard to find a rust free vehicle in North West Pa. The insurance company is going to give me enough money to pay off the loan. I have thought about paying off the loan and fixing it myself. After buying it back from the insurance company. This was supposed to be a winter vehicle. Im a fabricator and a mechanic so the work does not scare me. Im just not sure if its worth it or not. Advice is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The air bags deployed but i can purchase them on ebay for around $200 each. Just the frame horn being tweaked and the transmission locked in park is holding me back. The tow truck had to drag it on and off the flat bed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Impala's are not 4wd though and I already have a daily driver. I just needed it for PA winters. I didnt really have any interest in the deer. All of its legs were blown off and laying on the interstate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts