1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

New to the forum, new to my Jeep!

Just bought a 2015 Patriot Altitude.

I am thinking about updating the stereo to one with navigation in it and backup camera/sensors in the future.

Is it possible to hook up the camera so it will show on the navigation?
Do I have to get certain models?

Any recommended models?

Also correct me if I'm wrong but I have to have sensors in order for the camera to make noise?

Chances are I'll take it to a mechanic to get the installation done, any recommendations on major places (pep boys, etc.) or a rough estimate on what a job like that would cost?

Thanks and nice to be here with the all the fellow Patriot owners! ��

Update:
After further investigating I think I've decided on going the Apple CarPlay route as I'm a pretty Apple household.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/carplay-ilx-007

Is the unit I'm going with,
Now I'm just working on choosing the rear view camera. As they have a few to choose from

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/category/driver-assist

If anyone has any recommendations or reviews on any that would be great!

Otherwise I'll keep investigating and hopefully let you all know my results!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does it takes data from your Apple Device? Exemple, for the nav, it has it proper nav antenna or it used your iPhone data?

Nice unit I didn't know this kind of radio unit exist. I'm an Apple fan :pepper:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure it uses your data plan. But I got a quote for the radio install at $150 and he mentioned an antenna in it. Also quoted me for backup sensors and camera for a total of $600 including the radio install. Seems a little pricey but I'm not too sure on prices for a full install like that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK, well if you do decide to install it, don't forget to update us 'cause I'm seriously thinking about buying it too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts