Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Might want to post this under general discussions or another section to get my eyes on your question.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
5,095 Posts
Saw a 2007-10 Compass catch fire at a stop sign after it seemed to have some sort of problem with the engine. Pretty sure it wasn't the same problem though.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The fire obviously started in the driver's side headlight. Wondering if anyone has heard of this being a problem with Patriots?
I have never heard of this being a common problem with Patriots. With millions of vehicles on the road, it is not uncommon for an occasional one-off problem to occur with any brand or model. There was a recall of some 2015 models for improperly mounted power steering hoses that could leak fluid and pose a fire threat.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,488 Posts
There are a lot of power relays and the battery near the drivers headlight and corrosion of grounds is a real issue but this is the first I've ever heard of this issue. The headlight wires are very thin gauge and i wouldn't expect them to carry enough amperage to start a fire. Let some smoke out, sure but not a fire.

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
9,535 Posts
The wiring harness on my '08 corroded under the battery. It didn't cause a fire, but it would be up front on the driver's side. I suppose if the wrong wires found each other it could have.

Could also be due to rodents nibbling the wires. That could happen anywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts