Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Installed some LED Rock Lights under my Jeep Patriot... wired them into my license plate lights so that my headlight switch is my toggle switch 馃槈 also added LED fog lights and headlights... along with new taillights and 3rd brake light

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
The headlights are cool ... they have built in fans on them ... I also bought new housings for the fog lights... the original ones were foggy and scratched up ... no sense in adding new led bulbs inside of old housings

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The taillights are smoked tinted ... and the 3rd brake light is clear with a black background both were ordered off of Amazon... taillights were like $90 & the 3rd brake light was like $55

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
All the interior lights are now LED and the license plate lights and reverse lights also ... but one of the coolest things are the light up Jeep coasters I found on Amazon... they really are eye catching plus you can change the color on them

Attachments

Registered
Joe cool

A party mobile is born. Yeah, sound system, berthing, cooler, grill, ready for the beach campfire. The roof has a lot of potential for star night viewing. Seating for two of course. The memories of tomorrow are made tonight.
Very nice lighting.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, lightman! They gotta see you coming!
thanx man ... it took 12 hours to install cause I'm OCD lol and wanted to do a good clean installation... but I'm not done yet ...still have the wheel lights to do and Halo's for the headlights and fog lights 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
A party mobile is born. Yeah, sound system, berthing, cooler, grill, ready for the beach campfire. The roof has a lot of potential for star night viewing. Seating for two of course. The memories of tomorrow are made tonight.
Very nice lighting.
thanx man ... and you are correct ... the sound system is in the works lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and I forgot to mention... if adding LED headlights to your patriot PLEASE get some of these in the first picture...I tried the ones in the second picture (all black with the black box) they do not work ... but you definitely need a set cause your Canbus computer system will go crazy lol ... (driver side on .. passenger side off ... both sides off lol I looked like a Christmas tree ornament coming down the road) now the resistors for the signal lights is optional in my opinion... the led lights will start off flashing normal then speed up after 3 seconds ... not a big deal to me but for others it can be annoying ... they are really cheap for the headlights I paid roughly $15 for the set ... WARNING they do get extremely hot so either bolt them down or zip tie them by the heat shield covered wires

Attachments

Registered
Hi Blusop,

How do you stop the LED headlights from blinking? I have a pair (H4 hi/lo) that say on the box "plug and play" but blink when turned on, I tried a H4 decoder to eradicate the blinking but even with that installed, they still blink :-( I'm starting to feel that my Australian bought 2015 Patriot is a lost cause when it comes to the LED headlight upgrades. I do a lot of night driving to and from work with mindless Australian wildlife around.

MikeyAus069

Premium Member
You need a relay harness, they are $5 shipped on eBay.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Blusop,

How do you stop the LED headlights from blinking? I have a pair (H4 hi/lo) that say on the box "plug and play" but blink when turned on, I tried a H4 decoder to eradicate the blinking but even with that installed, they still blink 馃槥 I'm starting to feel that my Australian bought 2015
Patriot is a lost cause when it comes to the LED headlight upgrades. I do a lot of night driving to and from work with mindless Australian wildlife around.

MikeyAus069 I used some cheap cadmus resistors I found on Amazon... they were like $14.99 they sale them for all the different bulb connections

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
So I decided to add another USB for kids so they stop reaching into the front seat for mine lol ... was a quick job took a little over 1 hour to do .... it has a voltage meter on it and dual 3.0 amp USB ports ...

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Got to looking around and realizing I had 14 more rock lights around I figured I'd get creative lol ... with 22 rock lights underneath already ... where could I fit a few more ???? 馃槒馃槒馃槒馃槒 THE GRILL & ENGINE BAY ... it's going to be fun to show off but useful at night if I have to work on my Jeep under the hood because my model has no under hood light smh ... I pulled the grill back and mounted 3 of them under the plastic support the grill is mounted to ... I then zip tied 3 in the engine bay ... below are pics of the installation points on the grill and 3 photos of them shining bright at night ...what I love the most is the ability to match my grill to my undercarriage lights when I'm showing off but being able to switch the lights to solid White Light to work is a major plus

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts