Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question here.

i just got an all black 09, and the back muffler and tail pipe are plain silver steel color.

Is there any type of paint or coating you can spray on them to make it black? somthing that is safe?

Any ideas would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
You could try to search for it, I know there was a post about some members painting it black. Im considering it too, I think they used Black grill spray paint to do it (do to the heat). It you do it, get us some pics.

Congrats

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just use high temp bbq paint, and be sure to clean scuff the muffler up with some scotch brite pads so the paint will stick.

·
Registered
301 Posts
BSCB, You know....some black decal letters would look awesome on your bumper!

·
Registered
198 Posts
BSCB, You know....some black decal letters would look awesome on your bumper!
Haha it's funny you say that, I was really considering doing that!

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
Here is the muffler painting thread...

Black muffler

I just used hi-temp spray paint. Didn't bother to prep other than rinsing the loose stuff off. Used a scrap piece of cardboard to prevent overspray.
Did not paint the heat shield nor the top of the muffler. I also painted the tip.

·
Registered
814 Posts
no problem

if you look around this forum,you'll find an answer and even photos of my muffler which I have sprayed with black heat resistant paint available at most car parts dealerships,I've bought mine at Canadian Tire,it will not only protect and extend longevity of your muffler but it looks cool

·
Registered
339 Posts
I will basically post this picture in another forum but here is another way to go with a custom Hushpower muffler system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts