Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm probably not going to be doing anything too extreme with the Pat, mostly to make it as useful as it can be for weekend camping trips and traveling to and from PA where I work. Pretty basic, but enough to set it apart from the rest of the Patriots around town and be functional when I need it to be.
Year: 2013
Make: Jeep
Model: Patriot
Trim: Latitude 4x4
Color: Black Forest Green

Exterior Mods: Yokohama Geolanders 225/65/17, stubby antenna, roof cross bars

Two days after I got it, I had to drive 1600 miles to west Texas for job training so these pics are when it was completely bone stock (and filthy). I think by now we all know what a stock Pat looks like, I just like these pics haha.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Good luck with the build!

I've visited Xerox in Webster several times. It's a nice drive from my place in PA, western NY is pretty country.

·
Registered
622 Posts
howdy welcome and jeep on

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks good. I'm not to go to far overboard with mine as it's a daily super-commuter. Did you have any trouble fitting the 225/65's in totally stock form? No rubbing issues? Also, what stubby antenna did you get? I need to get rid of that tall whip. It's pruning my trees.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks good. I'm not to go to far overboard with mine as it's a daily super-commuter. Did you have any trouble fitting the 225/65's in totally stock form? No rubbing issues? Also, what stubby antenna did you get? I need to get rid of that tall whip. It's pruning my trees.
No trouble at all fitting the tires and they don't rub at full lock. I think the 225/65 is the largest size you can go before you'll have problems with rubbing.

I got the 13" antenna off Amazon for about $10. It comes with the adapter so all you have to do is unscrew the stock lightning-rod-of-an-antenna that we have, pop in the adapter and then the stubby screws into that. Took me less than 5 minutes to install. I don't really notice any difference in radio reception either, it's definitely worth getting.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love the color and the tires!
Thanks! Most of the time it looks black, but when the sun hits it the green really stands out. The tan interior matches it nicely too.

The Geolanders make such a huge difference with the appearance and ride, definitely a worthy investment despite the price.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The Geolanders make such a huge difference with the appearance and ride, definitely a worthy investment despite the price.
You know it! I'm totally sold on the Geo's. I have an older '97 Chevy Z71 4x4 we use as a dump/Lowes runner now that's out to pasture and we have a set on that. They have 68,000 miles on them! They're about wore out now but they were great in snow, mud, dirt and not bad on pavement either. Definitely worth the $$$.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay so I knew that the LED bulbs weren't going to be nearly as bright as the regular ones, but damn....this was a disappointment. Must have gotten some crummy bulbs.

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
Ouch, I have been super hesitant of getting LED fog lights for that exact reason. I'm sure you gotta drop at least $40-50 for some good quality CREE led bulbs or something to make it worth while. What bulbs are those??

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just ordered RRO Stage 1 bumper and LED bar!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet!! Both the LED bar and Stage 1 are at the house :banana: but I'm out of town for the next few weeks. but when I do get a chance to install them, I'll do my best to document everything with pics to help since a lot of folks ask about the rro bumper.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stage 1 is on!

It was really easy, I think the hardest part for me was accepting the fact I'm drilling a bunch of holes into my bumper haha. Just a brief write up:

It was shipped in a good sized box and packaged with plenty of foam. The hardware was in its own separate labeled box and the instructions in a sealed plastic sleeve. The bar itself does not weigh very much, probably around 20 pounds, but it's made very well and feels solid. The paint job was also very good, except mine had a nick on the backside down to bare metal, but I used some old touch-up paint to cover it. No biggy.

The installation itself was straight forward. The instructions were very clear and included pictures. It does require 7/16" and 5/8" bits which I didn't have and cost about $30. I also started off using a cordless, but for the sake of having the holes line up better (and make the job go faster - it was freezing!!) I switched to a hammer drill. The 4 bolts on the front go straight through the steel-tube cross members behind the plastic bumper and are secured in place from behind with metal plates and lock nuts.

Overall, it was a pretty quick and easy install. I would recommend another set of hands just for getting the measurements to get it centered on the car, but once the holes are marked it's do-able by yourself. The only problem I really ran into was where and how to mount my front license plate. I ended up screwing some brackets into the plastic and calling it a day.

:pepper::pepper:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great Look ! And Thanks to Share Picture ! is appreciate haha ! ( Umm i like picture ) but i have one QUESTION : This may be just what resist pressure? Whereas such a push bar? or rather the esthetics, I would love to buy it but the cost of transportation in Canada is just too expensive.

·
Registered
294 Posts
that looks great mtny. wheres the light bar going and what size did you get??

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Great Look ! And Thanks to Share Picture ! is appreciate haha ! ( Umm i like picture ) but i have one QUESTION : This may be just what resist pressure? Whereas such a push bar? or rather the esthetics, I would love to buy it but the cost of transportation in Canada is just too expensive.
I did it mostly for the aesthetics and for somewhere to mount some extra lights. I don't really need the winch setup for all the extra money it would cost, I'd probably never use it anyways.

The light bar has to mount on top, its a 20" bar and just a little bit too big to fit underneath. I think I'm gonna wait until next week sometime to put it on tho because it's going in on Monday to get the rear bumper fixed. I don't want to chance it getting broken yet

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
The light bar has to mount on top, its a 20" bar and just a little bit too big to fit underneath.
That's too bad as I'm thinking of getting Stage 1 as well. I currently have 20" light bar mounted on top of my Black Horse bull bar but I wanted to mount it inside of Stage 1. Looks like I'll be selling my 20" bar and getting one that fits. Could you measure the inside? What size light bar would fit there?

How about black out those bolt heads?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts