11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
HA !

I would move to Canada tomorrow

to the USA - as Borat said... "not so much"

the idiots you vote in for president (recently)....nothing to do with policy or doing good for your country.

if Trump gets into the oval office, you deserve him !

FFS - Trump vs. Bush vs. Clinton - it's hilarious to us outside of the US.

when will you realise it has nothing to do with personalities and everything to do with policy.....

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
HA !

I would move to Canada tomorrow

to the USA - as Borat said... "not so much"

the idiots you vote in for president (recently)....nothing to do with policy or doing good for your country.

if Trump gets into the oval office, you deserve him !

FFS - Trump vs. Bush vs. Clinton - it's hilarious to us outside of the US.

when will you realise it has nothing to do with personalities and everything to do with policy.....
My first thought when I see someone who is not a resident of the United States commenting on our elections is, why do you care? I get the hilarity of our politics and it's exactly why Boris Johnson is a name I know. But here's the thing, I had to google "mayor of London" to remember his name, that is how little I care about it. Yes I'm aware of him but I don't care. I haven't seen it much this election cycle yet, but in the past when the rest of the world is telling me I should vote a particular way my instinct is to question their motives. Do these people on the other side of the world care so much because one guy is going to do more for them than he will for me? I have absolutely no clue about who is running things in Australia right now (some former PM apparently had an affair with someone named Peta is the last thing I saw), I don't know if there is an election cycle going on currently in Australia (I just assume they have elections honestly) or anything else. I get that we're in a global economy but does the rest of the world really feel that they need to lean on the United States so much that they must participate in our elections? Since they can't vote they have to comment and give opinions in order to impact the outcome. Even if I did have the news from Australia I don't comment on the politics of it or try to "advise" one way or the other. What works for me in Colorado may not work for someone in New York and it certainly doesn't apply to someone in Queensland. I guess I just view someone commenting on another places politics in a negative manor. I think either they have something to gain or their own government is so weak they need to be propped up by the United States.

It's not just a "foreigner" thing. I have the same thoughts on other state residents trying to impact Colorado politics.

As for the original post about searches for moving to Canada being up, unless there's a draft no one is leaving this country. They're not going to go up there and want to deal with being an immigrant themselves after they've spent their entire lives ****ting on immigrants here. It's just a stupid thing people say trying to be funny or dramatic. My first thought when looking at that data though is that it appears to be a democrat thing. Maybe that's because they want less guns and .gov healthcare. If so, maybe they should leave. Not trying to be a jerk but if you want those things and they're important to you, odds are you're not going to get it here in your lifetime (even if Bernie wins the presidency he doesn't have policies that can be implemented due to congress) so why not go someplace where you can have the things you want? If you're leaving, more power to you, good luck! Canada is a wonderful place, I've been many times, don't worry about the metric system people still give you directions in miles so the adjustment won't be tough. But even if Trump somehow finds his way into the white house we all know you're not really going to leave because if you care to admit it or not, you like guns and you don't want to pay the taxes associated with providing healthcare for everyone.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Free health care tho ;)

I'm going to Hamilton in a few months for a soccer tournament, maybe I'll stay?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I don't care much about the USA domestically, it's the Foreign Policy that concerns me and just about anyone else on the planet. The Republican candidates aren't fit to govern Somalia.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Look what's going on now. The Democrats, the current administration in charge is bombing into the stone age. Look at Libya.......actually all over, death and destruction brought to you by Insane Obama and company.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Free health care tho ;)

I'm going to Hamilton in a few months for a soccer tournament, maybe I'll stay?
You can stay for I think 6 months before having to go back to the USA. Then I guess you could then go back to Canada.

My cousin is married to a guy from Quebec, but they prefer to live in California as the weather is so much nicer. He works for a hospital system in California so they already get free healthcare. :)

I like Canada. The people are super nice and there's a lot of outdoorsy stuff to do.

As for these Republican candidates, I'd say they aren't fit to manage a Tim Horton's corner location.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Look what's going on now. The Democrats, the current administration in charge is bombing into the stone age. Look at Libya.......actually all over, death and destruction brought to you by Insane Obama and company.
In response to a Middle East that was further destabilized by the war criminals Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld. You broke it, you own it.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mmmmmm ...... Tim Horton's!

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
In response to a Middle East that was further destabilized by the war criminals Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld. You broke it, you own it.
You got it backwards. It was further destabilized by Obama. :doh: You got it bassackwards. Oh, you guys can't take the current administration for what it is.:icon_rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea FOX don't come in too well on worrmies aluminum hat :)

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is you?

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's aluminum my friend, you could not afford tin :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
You folks in USA are welcome here in Alberta ( a province of Canada ) . But if your coming to escape Mr. Trump, you might want to google " Kevin Oleary" . He's the outspoken guy on the Shark tank, and Dragons den tv show. He is making noises about being the Canadian prime minister, and is a Trump clone .
I must say you Americans have us outsiders on the edge of our chairs waiting for the next juicey bit of news regarding your Presidential candidates. We get a lot of US tv up here and for the first time its not a boring as hell ( to us outsiders)process of selecting your Candidate ..
I hope you choose the right one because it affects us Albertans .

1 - 20 of 47 Posts