Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tired 2.4 Auto in my 07 Patriot. Can anyone shed some light on what engine and what years will fit? Will the pt cruiser fit?
Should be a ton of good used motors for these things.
Cheers
Rick

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Hello and welcome. If it where me, I would put the same 2.4L motor back in there. The PT motors and Trans are a lot older. And different technology and the Trans from the PT would have to work with the Patriot as well. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,792 Posts
It would take major surgery and jury-rigging to get any motor or trans into a Patriot other than the same models that came in it. Even switching from a CVT to a 6 speed takes major work.

Basically, you'll need to stick with a 2.4L World Engine from a Patriot, Compass, Caliber, Avenger, Dart, or 200 should be able to work. For the trans, any year CVT should work AFAIK, but stick with ones from Patriots/Compass'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would take major surgery and jury-rigging to get any motor or trans into a Patriot other than the same models that came in it. Even switching from a CVT to a 6 speed takes major work.

Basically, you'll need to stick with a 2.4L World Engine from a Patriot, Compass, Caliber, Avenger, Dart, or 200 should be able to work. For the trans, any year CVT should work AFAIK, but stick with ones from Patriots/Compass'.
Thanks for that. I am staying with my 5 speed manual. I was just trying to see what years and vehicle models will interchange.

·
Registered
22 Posts
there are a few traps, even with engines that should be OK. I just swapped out the 170,000km in my 2007 Patriot for a patriot 2.4l engine that has done only 16,000 km. The connections on the water manifold for the heater hoses are a different size, the water temp sensor on the side of the block is plugged, the fitting for the oil filter is bolted to the block instead of moulded, the replacement engine came with a different fitting so I had to re-use the old flywheel and the new wiring loom for the engine has a different connector for the ECU so I used the old loom. As I do not have it running yet, I am not sure what else I am going to find. You need to check everything carefully and keep all the old parts until you have finished the job in case you need to do some swaps (as I did with the water manifold to fit the hoses).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts