Jeep Patriot Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay I've decided I won't get greedy. No stu could for me, and definitely no RRO based on dissatisfaction. What is the biggest tire I can get (will use spacers if needed) to maximize this new found height gain, without getting any rub, or any other issues. Again just want to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize I am reactivating an older post but I was just wondering if the struts for the 2011 Latitude X would also fit the 2008, and if so would this affect the height any more than just the springs?

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,125 Posts
I realize I am reactivating an older post but I was just wondering if the struts for the 2011 Latitude X would also fit the 2008, and if so would this affect the height any more than just the springs?
THe struts will fit, you will not gain any height though

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I know this is an old thread but I am so frustrated I don't know what to do.

I got the Moog springs for my 2007 UK Crd Patriot

Part number 81841 / 81842

My mechanic insists that the struts are not long enough and that they cannot fit as well as that the ride will be so stiff that I would soon go into an accident

Does anyone have any input on this would be much appreciated

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi I know this is an old thread but I am so frustrated I don't know what to do.

I got the Moog springs for my 2007 UK Crd Patriot

Part number 81841 / 81842

My mechanic insists that the struts are not long enough and that they cannot fit as well as that the ride will be so stiff that I would soon go into an accident

Does anyone have any input on this would be much appreciated
On my 2008 I put the same Moog springs into my struts (I double checked the part #'s to be sure), and added the RRO lift for an approximate 3" lift. It did stiffen up the ride quite a bit but I was fine with that since it looks better, allowed me to put larger tires on, and hauls a load better without squatting so bad.

If you are just doing the springs without a lift you'll still end up with an inch higher and a slightly stiffer ride since they are new and I believe a different rate than either the Gen 1 or Gen 2 springs.

I hope that helps!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Funkcidal,

I took it to another mechanic and test fitted them with him

It seems they don't sit right in the top mounts and could come off either side thus making the spring rub on either side of the innder fender

I would have to drop this and find another way to lift it

The RRO kit was an option at first but after all the conflicting opinions on it I didn't go through with it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Funkcidal,

I took it to another mechanic and test fitted them with him

It seems they don't sit right in the top mounts and could come off either side thus making the spring rub on either side of the innder fender

I would have to drop this and find another way to lift it

The RRO kit was an option at first but after all the conflicting opinions on it I didn't go through with it
Ah well sorry that you are not having any luck with this. Hopefully you'll find something that works!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah well sorry that you are not having any luck with this. Hopefully you'll find something that works!
Yeah I found a nice spacer kit and might as well pull the trigger and get them

Company is US based and with shipping and taxes it adds up to around 425 euro and they confirmed it fits my car so will see.

The Moog springs will probably go for sale but not sure if its worth selling since shipping might be alot even for EU

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I found a nice spacer kit similar to RRO and might as well pull the trigger and get them and at least with ebay if something goes wrong I can get a refund. With shipping and taxes it adds up to around 400 euro

The Moog springs will probably go for sale but not sure if its worth selling

Thanks for the replies.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts