Jeep Patriot Forums banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Thanks man! You should do it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I'm going to be due for new shocks coming up in probably about 10k miles, so when they are going to have the suspension apart for that, I will definitely have to look into it, especially considering how cheap the coils are!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for all this information!

Here is my moog lifted rig!

looks good, can you post some more pics in daylight and a before and after? Looks like I am going to decide to go this route on my 2007 Limited after these 2 success stories. And what is your wheel/tire set-up?

·
Registered
460 Posts
looks good, can you post some more pics in daylight and a before and after? Looks like I am going to decide to go this route on my 2007 Limited after these 2 success stories. And what is your wheel/tire set-up?
Thanks man. I most certainly will. My wheel is a pro comp 7032 16×8 5×4.5 0 offset and 5in backspace. My tire is a 235/70/16 Hankook Dynapro Atm.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello everybody,

I finally installed the moog kit in my Jeep Compass CRD 4x4 2007 (European version). Here I put some photos. I gained about 5 cm tall, with both, springs and wheels, see below.

81481 - 81480

I have also installed Dezent TE Dark wheels and Falken Eurowinter HS449 215 65 17H tyres (stock wheels were 215 55 18).

I didn't need to install camber bolts.

Before

After

Springs

I am satisfied with the performance and the new height , especially offroad.

I recommend them!

I share with you the trip I made to test them (my blog).

https://orientacionynavegacion.wordpress.com/2016/01/01/a-la-alpujarra-por-navidad/

And other photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/orientacionynavegacion/sets/72157662301347699

Regards!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Here is a comparison Of The fd1 spring and the 81482 front spring.

And a comparison from M7T's first post pic of the fd1 and 81480 and the fd1 and 81482.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok. So here is my question. Instead of buying stu coils to get an extra inch of lift for my 2012, shouldn't I be able to purchase a set of moog universal coils at a fraction of the price? I called and for the specs for product number 81481 (rear 2011 spring) and 81482 (front 2011 spring). The free height and load spec of 81481 was 14.8in and 1045 respectively. The FH and load spec of 81482 was 15 in and 1130. They stated that both pairs had pigtail ends. If I understand this correctly I could purchase 81086 which has a free height of 15.85 and a load spec of 1195 instead of 81481 and then purchase product 5419 which has a free height of 16 inches and load spec of 1211 instead of 81842. Is this correct or a bad idea? Disclaimer-- I know nothing about this stuff.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just re-did my whole suspension and I ended up with a nice lift using a combination of the Moog springs and an RRO kit.

My 2008 Patriot just crossed 160,000 miles and the suspension was shot. Since I was going to be changing shocks & struts anyway I figured that it would be a good time to improve as well as repair.

Everybody knows what a stock 2008 looks like, but for comparison's sake here is a "pre-op" pic:

https://goo.gl/photos/6qsyTVrhiQ275Au49

During a drive around the neighborhood to check on things after the install, just happened to find a 2011+ for a comparison:

https://goo.gl/photos/D1jJJnzZcfh5MbhHA

Judging from this picture (and checked later using the very scientific method of backing up to my trailer) it looks like I ended up with a 3-4" lift.

I then dropped it off at a local tire shop for an alignment, then picked it up and went camping. This last pic is just because I think it looks good:

https://goo.gl/photos/SKp8hbLKd86zCDCC6

The alignment shop couldn't get one of the rear wheels into spec so I have Moog adjustable toe end links on order.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just re-did my whole suspension and I ended up with a nice lift using a combination of the Moog springs and an RRO kit.

My 2008 Patriot just crossed 160,000 miles and the suspension was shot. Since I was going to be changing shocks & struts anyway I figured that it would be a good time to improve as well as repair.

Everybody knows what a stock 2008 looks like, but for comparison's sake here is a "pre-op" pic:

https://goo.gl/photos/6qsyTVrhiQ275Au49

During a drive around the neighborhood to check on things after the install, just happened to find a 2011+ for a comparison:

https://goo.gl/photos/D1jJJnzZcfh5MbhHA

Judging from this picture (and checked later using the very scientific method of backing up to my trailer) it looks like I ended up with a 3-4" lift.

I then dropped it off at a local tire shop for an alignment, then picked it up and went camping. This last pic is just because I think it looks good:

https://goo.gl/photos/SKp8hbLKd86zCDCC6

The alignment shop couldn't get one of the rear wheels into spec so I have Moog adjustable toe end links on order.
great pics for comparison. Did you use the same sized tires? Looks great!! ill be doing this soon!

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok. So here is my question. Instead of buying stu coils to get an extra inch of lift for my 2012, shouldn't I be able to purchase a set of moog universal coils at a fraction of the price? I called and for the specs for product number 81481 (rear 2011 spring) and 81482 (front 2011 spring). The free height and load spec of 81481 was 14.8in and 1045 respectively. The FH and load spec of 81482 was 15 in and 1130. They stated that both pairs had pigtail ends. If I understand this correctly I could purchase 81086 which has a free height of 15.85 and a load spec of 1195 instead of 81481 and then purchase product 5419 which has a free height of 16 inches and load spec of 1211 instead of 81842. Is this correct or a bad idea? Disclaimer-- I know nothing about this stuff.
I would think doing this would cuase a stiffer ride but how much stiffer is the question? Have you looked into this any further since this post?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would think doing this would cuase a stiffer ride but how much stiffer is the question?
After I did my RRO lift and springs it is a lot stiffer, and now the Patriot rides like a truck.

I like it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
what is the standard height i have a 4x2 altitude and from the road to the bottom of well is 31.5 inches. i see people saying 29 inches before lift why is mine 31.5 inches.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here is a comparison Of The fd1 spring and the 81482 front spring.

And a comparison from M7T's first post pic of the fd1 and 81480 and the fd1 and 81482.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Just interested to know if anyone is having any problems with these lift after they've been on for a while? 20-30K miles?

·
Registered
83 Posts
What did you guys do to get rid of the terrible front wobble? I did these springs and the wooble shakes the whole car arnd 20 mph. I had an alignment done. Should I get another one done and tell them I have 2 nd gen springs?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just interested to know if anyone is having any problems with these lift after they've been on for a while? 20-30K miles?
I'm coming up on 20k miles since I installed my lift earlier this year (yes, I drive a lot). I have not had any issues with the parts used in the lift itself, if that is what you are asking. But...

What did you guys do to get rid of the terrible front wobble? I did these springs and the wooble shakes the whole car arnd 20 mph. I had an alignment done. Should I get another one done and tell them I have 2 nd gen springs?
I still have the shimmy. Two things affect it the most for me, one being alignment and one being tire pressure. If I have any one tire off by even a pound or two, the 20mph shimmy is worse as well as having a constant wobble under acceleration.

I've read both "yes" and "no" for having the vehicle higher than standard ride height affect the alignment, so I'm not sure if telling the shop will make a difference.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm coming up on 20k miles since I installed my lift earlier this year (yes, I drive a lot). I have not had any issues with the parts used in the lift itself, if that is what you are asking. But...

I still have the shimmy. Two things affect it the most for me, one being alignment and one being tire pressure. If I have any one tire off by even a pound or two, the 20mph shimmy is worse as well as having a constant wobble under acceleration.

I've read both "yes" and "no" for having the vehicle higher than standard ride height affect the alignment, so I'm not sure if telling the shop will make a difference.
Thank you!! The wobble is horrendous at times. Passenger seat shakes and the rear panels do as well. My son was asking me what was that noise while he was in his rear seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two questions,
Im assuming the suspension remains the same with the following years? I'm looking to do this on my 2010 Jeep Patriot, will this work the same on the 2010 as it does the 07-08? From what I've seen they didn't change anything till 2011,, I have a FD1

Also I've seen the 84080, 84081, 84082, which ones do you use for which? Aka which will give me the most lift?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I compared specs from Moog web site and I ordered the taller ones from rockauto, parts numbers 81480 & 81481 (listed for 2011 lattitude x) EDIT : spring for lattitude x is 1/2" taller than standard 4wd springs AND I found that front is now exactly 1/2 higher than back...so someone who wants a level ride should consider part #81482 for front.
Which part number is the front and which is the rear? I want to go for a level ride and its time to replace the worn out stock running gear anyways. I have an 09 4wd fd1 patriot.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts