Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for those of you wanting skid plates for your MK's (Patriots AND Compass'), here are some pics and part numbers to order;

Engine/Trans Skid Plate......pn 5105236AB....Mopar List Price $160.00
Fuel Tank Skid Plate, left....pn 5105235AA.............................43.35
Fuel Tank Skid Plate, right..pn 5105234AA.............................43.35

Attachments

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Jeepster55,
Mine were ordered and confirmed today. Will be in on Friday..................
hvac59
I HATE YOU!!! ;) i won't get mine installed until the weekend after this. but i DID get mine FIRST!!!! ha ha :banana:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
where did you guys order and is those the right numbers? trying to order online and the numbers don't come up with a part.....

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where did you guys order and is those the right numbers? trying to order online and the numbers don't come up with a part.....
not everything is accomplished 'online'. i did it the old fashioned way;

I went to my DEALER and ordered them!!!

.....actually, i work in the parts department there, so it wasn't much of a trip! :D

but keep in mind, if you're checking for a part through someones website, ONLY THE PARTS THEY HAVE IN STOCK will appear. you will not have access to EVERY PART Chrysler has. only Chrysler's "DealerConnect" does that and you have to be a Mopar Employee to access that site.

on big parts like these, you're much better off striking a deal with your local dealer to save on shipping & handling charges. if you're still having a problem locating them, PM me and i'll see what i can do. :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
I can't wait to see how much shipping will be on these. Hey Jeepster55, would you mind estimating how heavy the set is for shipping purposes.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't wait to see how much shipping will be on these. Hey Jeepster55, would you mind estimating how heavy the set is for shipping purposes.

Thanks
man, i feel for ya being there in Germany. here's the stats off of Chrysler's DealerConnect;

Engine/Trans skid plate (5105236AB)........................32lbs
Fuel Tank skid plates L&R (5102235AA, 5105234AA)......5lbs ea ( i think this one is wrong...maybe 10lbs each, my guess)

hope that helps.

·
Registered
873 Posts
awesome thanks man... I would just go to a Jeep dealer here but the EURO to Dollar really sucks right now. I went to look at splash guards and they wanted something like 150 bucks... It was much cheaper to just have them shipped.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awesome thanks man... I would just go to a Jeep dealer here but the EURO to Dollar really sucks right now. I went to look at splash guards and they wanted something like 150 bucks... It was much cheaper to just have them shipped.
if there's anything i can do for ya, just PM me......GOOD LUCK with the shipping!:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is awesome news! I just asked my dealer about skid plates and they told me they weren't available, so I sent them the information listed above. I hope they come back to me with real info...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is awesome news! I just asked my dealer about skid plates and they told me they weren't available, so I sent them the information listed above. I hope they come back to me with real info...

don't be surprised that they say they 'can't identify' the Engine/Transmission skid plate. it's no where to be found in the EPC (electronic parts catalog). but the part number was confirmed by Chrysler Specifying as the correct part.

i came up with the gas tank skid plate numbers myself, but another member here, "rookie", passed on the Eng/Trans number....thanks goes out to HIM!:notworthy:

all i did was make a call to Chrysler to confirm before i ordered MINE! :)

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
jeepster I found everything but the left fuel tank skid plate and they said that they don't how long it would take to get. do you have that problem at your dealership?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jeepster I found everything but the left fuel tank skid plate and they said that they don't how long it would take to get. do you have that problem at your dealership?

as of the time of this post, according to Chrysler's "DealerConnect" the Sherwood PDC shows "4" on hand of PN 5105235AA, the left "Fuel Tank Skid Plate".

with you being in NY, i would think that your dealer could have it for you in 3-5 days AT MOST.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts