Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm planning on buy the RRM Lightweight Pulley. It's for the caliber but it's fit on patriot and compass as well. Weight only 0.5lbs, that's 3.5lbs lighter than stock. In theory it add 2.7hp / lbs. So that's 9.45hp to the wheel... anyone have it or try it?

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=141_36&products_id=443

I email them about the performances parts for Lancer that will fit our véhicules.

the piggy back ecu : http://roadracemotorsports.com/stor...product_info&cPath=1_123_124&products_id=1294

and the Next Stage Power Pro (Timing Controller):

http://roadracemotorsports.com/stor...product_info&cPath=1_123_124&products_id=1292

I contacted RRM last weeks : "Hi, I have a Jeep Compass 2.4l 2012 and I want to know if the caliber lightweight crank pulley fit my engine. And if performance parts for the Lancer fit my Jeep! Thanks"

The response was positive: ''Yes it does. We know some other items work too but we would like to play with a compass too. You are the 2nd Compass guy this week to talk to us. He wants to go TURBO. It can be done. FYI. ORder the Lancer unit and you will be fine. By the way, it works, works, works. Thanks.Rob ''

I email him back about performance mods for Lancer : ''Hi, thank you for the answer. I will buy the lightweight pulley soon. Now I would like to know if you have a piggy back ecu for Jeep compass awd 2.4L manual trans. If the answer is yes, why not make a section on your web site for the Jeep compass/patriot? Thanks again''

And the response: WE need to confirm other parts. Yes we can make a section. WE do have a plug and play timing controller etc... for the Lancer. Not sure if it fits the Harness on a Compass. IF so then we proceed. Order it, if it does not work we will take it back 100% refund. Send me a phone number to call and I will do just that, call you. We will figure it out together. Rob''

Robert Tallini CEO Road///Race Motorsports LLC. Carbontrix 13037 Lakeland Rd. Suite F Santa Fe Springs, CA. U.S.A. ph 562-906-0080 fax 562-906-0052 [email protected]

So this is very interesting. If anyone on the forum would like to contact Rob and try the piggy back ecu or the controller box. This would be a really advanced in the field of performance upgrade in the patriot/compass world!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Whoa, good idea!!!! Maybe use one louver for cooling the CVT tranny cooler, and the other for the engine. Or just put the tranny cooler vent someplace it can use part of both. Depends on the install itself. In case you need reference to how they look on the underside......
for the trans oil cooler you can have 2 small ones under each vent and have a fan under them. only problem is that WHERE IS THE INTERCOOLER GOING?

·
Not Sponsored
6,824 Posts
for the trans oil cooler you can have 2 small ones under each vent and have a fan under them. only problem is that WHERE IS THE INTERCOOLER GOING?
If you had the euro bumper there's a nice cutout for a 6" tall intercooler. Maybe I need to quit doing stance things..

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
If you had the euro bumper there's a nice cutout for a 6" tall intercooler. Maybe I need to quit doing stance things..
i was thinking of a top mount intercooler or a short long one in the grill.

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
:smiley_thumbs_up::popcorn:
Well creation look at it this way, had I just bought my jeep and turbo'd it I would be ahead by about 2 grand, and you by probably what 5-6k.

But then my compass wouldn't look as unique and your patriot as badass as it does.

Still up in the air on this system, I want it but not sure how long i'm keeping my vehicle.

·
Not Sponsored
6,824 Posts
For 4-5k before install I'm not quite sure. I still feel like this is going to go pop!

We'd still have awful compression ratios for boost, and would the internals hold up? How long before more problems start appearing?

Me and a master tech friend of mine went through and did all the pricing of custom work to accomplish a full motor swap to something more performance oriented.

A K20/K24 honda motor was going to be around 9k and the modifications are unlimited because there's about 5 companies that will seriously make you anything for it. I could be around 400hp reliably and installed for under $12000. They've done swaps into lotus, mini trucks, anything you can think of and the parts are readily available.

An SRT4 caliber swap was going to be over 11k installed for just the stock motor. It comes factory turboed but for there's no aftermarket to build it. Everything is custom done except realtune and Diablo now have a tuner. The ones you see making 500-600HP have had fully built blocks done, probably costing another $6-8k.

After all, everyone just expects me to SRT4 swap it. Why not troll everyone and everything and when someone pops the hood just get smacked by a fully tucked, shaved bay, just holding a small little Honda motor with a nice turbo just smiling at you?

My best friend who gets dragged into every dumb idea I have is a master tech certified for Honda, and has 350-450hp daily driven hondas and have 0 problems maintaining reliability. When an SRT4 owner has problems, there's very few companies able to help them fix their aftermarket parts.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,732 Posts
Have you seen my patriot? I think I'm far past the point of "let's buy a new vehicle"
Maybe so, but if you ever get the notion again, maybe ask Barrett-Jackson for an estimate before going to craigslist.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Have you seen my patriot? I think I'm far past the point of "let's buy a new vehicle"
Ya Ya Ya. Just following the idea had you guys started out doing a turbo/engine replacement. But then again you wouldn't have something unique if you had a Ford Raptor. There's already a few ecoboost Ford raptors that outperform the 6.4L and get high 20s mpg...

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
i live 15 min from newark, so if i did a k20 or k24 swap my car would get chopped REAL QUICK. haha

·
Major Modificator
498 Posts
For 4-5k before install I'm not quite sure. I still feel like this is going to go pop!

We'd still have awful compression ratios for boost, and would the internals hold up? How long before more problems start appearing?

Me and a master tech friend of mine went through and did all the pricing of custom work to accomplish a full motor swap to something more performance oriented.

A K20/K24 honda motor was going to be around 9k and the modifications are unlimited because there's about 5 companies that will seriously make you anything for it. I could be around 400hp reliably and installed for under $12000. They've done swaps into lotus, mini trucks, anything you can think of and the parts are readily available.

An SRT4 caliber swap was going to be over 11k installed for just the stock motor. It comes factory turboed but for there's no aftermarket to build it. Everything is custom done except realtune and Diablo now have a tuner. The ones you see making 500-600HP have had fully built blocks done, probably costing another $6-8k.

After all, everyone just expects me to SRT4 swap it. Why not troll everyone and everything and when someone pops the hood just get smacked by a fully tucked, shaved bay, just holding a small little Honda motor with a nice turbo just smiling at you?

My best friend who gets dragged into every dumb idea I have is a master tech certified for Honda, and has 350-450hp daily driven hondas and have 0 problems maintaining reliability. When an SRT4 owner has problems, there's very few companies able to help them fix their aftermarket parts.
ORRRR you do a 2.5 turbo swap. Plenty of aftermarket available, and turbododge community is still boomin, so it's not going anywhere. Plus it's older tech, so easier to hook up. Transmissions are in junk yards everywhere. If I had a shop, and a donor car, I would totally swap engines. Old school turbo in the pat, new school in the donor. Imagine a 91 daytona or spirit rt with a new 2.4 and a cvt!

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Totally different engine. That's a "tiger shark" and the MK has a world engine.

and the discussion comes back to: Software, these engines are so controlled by software that there is NOTHING you can do to give any real performance until you get somebody to write a custom tune. That is very difficult as Chrysler has it locked down very very tight.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,732 Posts
Our ECU's are locked down pretty tight as mentioned. If it can be unlocked and reprogrammed, we can get more power. As I understand it, the Mitsu Lancer uses the same engine and CVT we do, and it's pretty quick.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Our ECU's are locked down pretty tight as mentioned. If it can be unlocked and reprogrammed, we can get more power. As I understand it, the Mitsu Lancer uses the same engine and CVT we do, and it's pretty quick.
So I assume no one has done that yet there is mention of PCm retune on the board? That would be nice, I hate pushing down on the pedal to make the Patriot move

·
Administrator
6,467 Posts
Actually, the encryption was cracked several years ago.

HP Tuners supports certain model years of Patriots, though I don't know of anyone here who's used it
https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

·
Registered
179 Posts
Actually, the encryption was cracked several years ago.

HP Tuners supports certain model years of Patriots, though I don't know of anyone here who's used it
https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/
For some, seems 2010 and below only and anything above 2011 no. I had a tune on my Trailblazer which resulted a tad better MPG, I didn't feel the power difference though as the tuner said I would.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts