Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Silver Lake Sand Dunes opening day coming up. Some folks are going the actual opening day of April 1st, and some are waiting until the weekend and going on the 5th. Many are gonna try and make both, from what I can tell. Lots of XJs and assorted Wranglers, but the Patriots can handle it, provided you've got at least stock clearance and air down the tires.

April 19th, there's a shooting meet set up with the Jeepers, still working on a location.

May 3rd is Blessing of the Jeeps in Mesick, Michigan. There will be convoys meeting at various southern locations and heading north to meet up. The Lapeer area convoy usually leaves first and meets another group in Grand Rapids, which includes folks from Muskegon, Battle Creek, etc. Then everybody convoys up to Newaygo, to meet up with the last stragglers to convoy up to Twisted Trails offroad park and campground in Copemish, just a few miles from Mesick. Then the entire group camps at the off-road park($5 per head each night as I recall), and convoys over to the Blessing in the morning, and heads back to the offroad park/campground after the ceremony for more wheeling. Some leave Saturday after wheeling, some stay until Sunday.

There's also a Jeep show set up in mid-July, the 19th as I recall, some sort of benefit I think, for 4 Wheel to Heal.

And, of course, there's Jeep Creep, held closer to Saginaw area in September or October.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jeep Creep is coming in October!!! Ready your rigs, get in your time-off requests, start saving gas $$$, etc. if you get the notion!!!! http://riverwalkplace.net/jeep.html

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Jeep Creep is going on right now, and I'm the only Patriot here. Getting kinda lonely out here, lol. Any way to convince some of y'all to show up at Blessing of the Jeeps in May 2015?

Edit: there is one other Patriot here now, a bone-stock white 2011 FD2. The guy driving said he'd been to this website before, and he'll be in the parade today too.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blessing of the Jeeps is coming, the first weekend in May. I know it's barely Christmas, but I figured I'd get it out there in case anybody wants to try planning for this. The link still shows the 2014 event, but there will be another one in May 2015, no worries. http://cadillacjeepers.com/jeep-blessing/

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump!!! I asked on the Michigan Jeepers facebook page if there are any plans for events further north, like in the U.P. or something, in case rcguymike ever wants to come. There's plenty of events, but the two biggest events of the year are each a 7-hr drive from the Keewenaw, and those are the closest two I know of to Mackinac.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of the MIJeepers board members responded, said there's not currently anything planned for the U.P., as it'd be a long trip for almost everybody that's currently in the group. Looks like we need to get more folks up there, eh?

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
One of the MIJeepers board members responded, said there's not currently anything planned for the U.P., as it'd be a long trip for almost everybody that's currently in the group. Looks like we need to get more folks up there, eh?
That's what I figured... Lol Thanks for asking!

One of my buddies from my hometown in WI and I have been dieing to take a trip to Drummond Island... Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could be interesting. I wouldn't mind going to the Jeep Jamboree there sometime, but besides it being expensive, any Jeep going there has to have a low range on it, so only FD2 Patriots are eligible, unless you wanna modify your FD1 to be a FD2. Plus I've heard Drummond Island is rated too high for Patriots, though I wouldn't mind checking it out. Heck, for the twenty-something years I've lived in Michigan, I've never been north of Leelenau while in this state. Wouldn't mind seeing some trails up by the Mackinac Bridge or something sometime, maybe getting some POTM pics while up there. Side note for POTM pics recommendation: town hall at Lake Leland in the U.P. One of the crew of the Lady Be Good was from there, and the town hall has one of the original propellers in front of it.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The comment string on my post in the Michigan Jeepers non-members facebook page is starting to have talk of a potential trip to Drummond Island. Evidently one of the guys on that page lives near Calumet for part of the year, and knows of a few Jeep clubs in the U.P. The current idea is to find the right time for a week-long trip up that way.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
The comment string on my post in the Michigan Jeepers non-members facebook page is starting to have talk of a potential trip to Drummond Island. Evidently one of the guys on that page lives near Calumet for part of the year, and knows of a few Jeep clubs in the U.P. The current idea is to find the right time for a week-long trip up that way.
From the many hours of Youtube videos I've seen there isn't anything on Drummond the Pat couldn't handle or bypass. I would be up for trying most in the Pat and if all else fails ride with my buddy and play spotter or go rent a Wrangler or ATV.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, just need to get the time set right. You wanna join the facebook group, get in on the conversation there?

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol, got one bit wrong. The place I wanted to see isn't "Lake Leland", it's Lake Linden, MI. Turns out that's next door to you, Mike. There's a historic aircraft propeller in front of their town hall/police station, along M-26. I believe the intersection is Calumet Ave. and 4th St. http://www.ladybegood.com/

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump!!!

Some of the Jeepers are looking into going to opening weekend at Silver Lake, about April 4th.

After that it's the Blessing of the Jeeps in Mesick, I've already posted a facebook event with details a couple posts ago in this thread.

May 9th, which I'm given to understand is Mother's Day weekend, is also the Silver Lake Prerunner invasion, which I'm considering attending. That one's gonna be hosted by B&L Motorsports in Mears(almost next door to the dunes), who advertise selling R/C vehicles, and a wide variety of mild/wild aftermarket parts and light bars for the full-scale world.

June brings a Jeep round-up at Silver Lake as well as likely a camping trip in Newaygo County.

Some are also toying with the idea of a week-long excursion to the Upper Peninsula, maybe Drummond Island, sometime this summer.

And finally, Jeep Creep is scheduled to once again be held the last weekend of October, at Riverwalk Place in Gladwin.

There will likely be much more wheeling in Michigan this year, but these are some of the biggest events of the spring/summer/fall, and I will hopefully be at most if not all of them. If anybody else wants to come to any, feel free to look into it more and perhaps help show off a little bit of the rugged, simple charm that is the Jeep Patriot(or Compass...."cough cough" Tyler). ;)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts