Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all I'm new here and this is my current thread on my new project 07 4wd limited cvt Pat. My first jeep? I will be moving everything into a build thread shortly. However im having some issues with TC 4wd and variable idle. My tc light is on and my cel for p0507 idle air circuit high. It idles to the moon but if its in gear it goes into limp mode.. With my drive by wire experiences this usually indicates a throttle body failure. Anyone experienced this before? Its an intermittent issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy all I stopped to grab some things for another car today, bit the bullet and bought a $300 throttle body. Only tools it required were a 10mm socket, pliers, 12mm wrench, and a good light. I began first by removing the air box and battery, The airbox box just comes out with the removal of the top side clamp on the intake tube and pulling it up from the rubber grommets its pressed into above the cvt you will remove one small rubber line I assume for the pcv? off the back side of the airbox and it comes out rather easy.

I then removed my battery followed by the coolant hose that crossed over the intake tube to give myself more access. Being sure not to spill more than a splash of coolant, I just held the hose up right with a bunjee

Now I had all the room in the world, have rather big hands is a blessing and a curse. So from this point forward its 4 10mm bolts on the throttle body. Lefty loose, righty tight. Now on the right side of the throttle body is a black steel bracket. I loosened the 12mm bolt holding the bracket to give me more clearance removing the TB.
IThe connector is rather simple, push the tabs on either side and wiggle it free. Then reverse to install. The next steps I performed were to reset the pcm. I then started the past and it now runs better than ever. But upon resetting the com I now have a code for the IAT but that's a simple sensor on the intake tube I'll tackle tomorrow.

🍻 cheers guys thats a wrap for now.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My factory service manual indicates the need to recalibrate the new throttle body with a scan tool, but I cannot find the procedure anywhere.

What is the reset/calibration procedure?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update today I changed the IAT and finally no codes. Drove it for a long time today and I think all is well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts