245-70-16 Cooper Discoverer HTP

Performance:
Hypertech PCM programmer

Future Mods:
Full RRO Adventure Rack
Exterior LEDs
Front Tow Hooks
Skid plates

Just incase someone google searches the VIN: and wants to know more about the Patriot. VIN: 1J4NT1GB8AD620772

·
The Sticker Whore
2,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I love how you aren't doing just what Mopar tells you to do. Respect for staying original Man!

·
Seriously Addicted
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Besides a lift..

I'm searching for ideas of what will be next.. After my current OEM tires wear out i'll be getting Yokohama Geolanders.

I'm thinking of a bull bar and a set of lights to mount on the front of it.

What do you guys think?

·
The Sticker Whore
2,577 Posts
I've never been a fan of bull bars since if you actually hit something with it, it just crumples up into your bumper and radiator (possibly some front engine components if you're traveling fast enough). So I don't like them...even on trucks. You should look into either PlastiDipping or actually bed lining the bottom part of your bumpers to look like the ole Moab Pat (not the one with the TAG type bumpers but the other one :p

I keep kicking around the idea for myself but I already have all the black plastic on mine...your model of Patriot looks sweet when done like this! Specially with your dark green cause it'd be a subtle touch ;)

On another note, I wish a company would make those nose and rear slider things. The front one looks to be modified into the skid plate. Would be awesome if RRO looked into that.

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
Very nice! I love your jeep! All your immediately mods are on my wish list...you have great style brotha!!

·
Seriously Addicted
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never been a fan of bull bars since if you actually hit something with it, it just crumples up into your bumper and radiator (possibly some front engine components if you're traveling fast enough). So I don't like them...even on trucks. You should look into either PlastiDipping or actually bed lining the bottom part of your bumpers to look like the ole Moab Pat (not the one with the TAG type bumpers but the other one :p

I keep kicking around the idea for myself but I already have all the black plastic on mine...your model of Patriot looks sweet when done like this! Specially with your dark green cause it'd be a subtle touch ;)

On another note, I wish a company would make those nose and rear slider things. The front one looks to be modified into the skid plate. Would be awesome if RRO looked into that.

Well I have USAA (whom I hope you have for car insurance) so should I ever total my Patriot or damage it. I'm really not worried about getting it replaced with another Jeep. The only thing is when you hit someone with a bull bar it would probably do more damage than it would've had it not been there.

I thought about plasti dipping the fender flares, but i'm testing it on my wheels. I don't want to do it and have it wear off or have to touch it up a lot. I already have a spot on my wheels I need to fix when I have time.

The obvious answer is to use something permanent, but I'm not exactly cool about doing that either. I might look into some wheels when it comes time to buy new tires.

·
The Sticker Whore
2,577 Posts
^ TJ Rubi wheels (like in the picture) can be found all over the place and you can pick up a set of 4 for $200 easy or 5 for $259 like I did. I plan on getting tires for them this week/early next week but I'm starting to debate if I should use the 5th one or not.

And I understand...permanent would be better but I'm in the same boat, I'm weary about PlastiDip sometimes, let alone legit paint lol

I wish I could just buy a mega roll of matte black vinyl and cover them. Then if they get screwed up you just peel it off haha

·
The Sticker Whore
2,577 Posts
^ good plan ;) Waiting for wheels isnt a bad thing cause it's not like they're going anywhere, people are always trading the Rubi wheels around.

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
/\ :) can't wait to see it lifted! What will be your next mod buddy?

1 - 20 of 344 Posts