Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was trying to hold off on tires but since mine are done, what’s the max tire size without a pinch weld mod? Anyone know? Tried to search.

·
Administrator
6,857 Posts
Largest tires with factory rims and no rubbing here:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Largest tires with factory rims and no rubbing here:
Thanks. I saw that but I’m going to swap the wheels as well. Guess I’m looking for absolute max tire with no mods, then I’ll find a wheel to fit it.

·
Administrator
6,857 Posts
Then around 29" is the max:

235/75/15 (what I run on TJ rims, no PWM)
225/75/16 (can rub the chassis / wheel well on full lock with stock wheels, no PWM)
235/65/17 (can rub the chassis / wheel well on full lock with stock wheels, no PWM)

Remember that when you're getting that close to the limits, a tire of a given size from one manufacturer can rub where the same size from another manufacturer might not.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

225/75/16 (can rub the chassis / wheel well on full lock with stock wheels, no PWM)
235/65/17 (can rub the chassis / wheel well on full lock with stock wheels, no PWM)

Remember that when you're getting that close to the limits, a tire of a given size from one manufacturer can rub where the same size from another manufacturer might not.
Thanks. As always. I was looking at the 16’s. Want a fat tire to give it a more aggressive look. Would like a wider stance also.

·
Administrator
6,857 Posts
If you have a tire size that you like in mind, try doing a search for that size specifically to see if anyone has done it.

If nothing shows up using the site search, try using google and search for both Patriot and Compass with that tire size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got 16x7 Black Rock wheels with a 0 offset. I had 235/70R16 and currently have 225/75R16 tires. It's been 8 years and I haven't had any problems at all. I liked the look of the 235's much better. Even though it's only 10mm, the difference was really noticeable. I plan on going back to 235/70R16 when the time comes for new tires.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got 16x7 Black Rock wheels with a 0 offset. I had 235/70R16 and currently have 225/75R16 tires. It's been 8 years and I haven't had any problems at all. I liked the look of the 235's much better. Even though it's only 10mm, the difference was really noticeable. I plan on going back to 235/70R16 when the time comes for new tires.
Yeah it’s a tough call. Going to stop by a shop and see what they’ll let me touch and put next to it. I found a lot of good pics under “Media”.

I like the look of fat, beefy tires on the Patriot but I don’t want it to look goofy and oversized either. It’s not a Wrangler. But then if it’s too small I should just go with nice 20 inch rims on rubber bands. Decisions…

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi! I see in your post what I've been looking for and this is to make sure I've come across a definite answer. My question has been if I can go down to 15" rims = if the brake assy allows the wheel to sit down perfectly. Am I right to think the answer is affirmative and I can shop for 15" rims, no mods? Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
6,857 Posts
Hi! I see in your post what I've been looking for and this is to make sure I've come across a definite answer. My question has been if I can go down to 15" rims = if the brake assy allows the wheel to sit down perfectly. Am I right to think the answer is affirmative and I can shop for 15" rims, no mods? Thanks in advance!
The definite answer is only some 15" rims fit, other 15" rims do not. Rims where the spoke curves away from the caliper will have the best chance of working.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts